☄*ೃ Twenty-Two ☄*ೃ

Tw: brief mention of drugs, blood/injuries

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

Our little ragtag group had begun the journey back to L'Manburg as the sun began its slow descent in the sky. I figured it was close to five pm when we left the meadow. I could see that the flower crown I had made for Fundy was beginning to fall apart, but he continued to wear it with pride.

"No!" I immediately spun around with a worried expression at the sound of Tubbo's scream somewhere behind me. I couldn't see the brunet through the trees I gave Fundy an anxious glance before both of us ran through the trees in the direction of the kid's voice.

"Tubbo?" I called out, looking around rapidly for him, afraid that something happened to him. My mind went to the worst.

What if he fell in a ravine? I don't remember there being a ravine around here but it's possible. What if the Dream SMP members are here and they attacked him?

"Over here!" Fundy shouted, breaking me free from my thoughts. I picked up my pace, practically running in the direction Fundy had gone in. I slowed down once I saw Tubbo holding the lead that no longer had a bee attached to it.

I immediately reached into my pocket, pulling out a few flowers from earlier. I held them in my hand before looking over at Fundy, he caught my glanced and nodded, knowing what we needed to do.

"Hey Tubbo, can I borrow your lead?" Fundy asked, bending down slightly, as Tubbo was sitting on his knees on the ground. The kid was staring at the rope in his hands before he reluctantly handed it to Fundy.

I walked around the surrounding area, waving the flowers in the air trying to attract the attention of the bee once more. Fundy followed close behind with the lead, ready to secure it around the bee once more the moment we found it.

"Maybe the bee prefers drugs? I think I have some cocaine in one of my pockets," the fox suggested.

"We are not giving Tubbo's bee cocaine," I responded seriously, as I shook my arm in the air. Sure enough, after a few more minutes of walking around shaking the flowers, the bee returned.

Fundy was able to secure the lead around the bee whilst I distracted it with the flowers. The knot was tied tighter this time, though not too tight to where it would harm the bee.

The look of pure joy and excitement on Tubbo's face the moment we returned with the bee was worth all of the frustration I felt trying to find it. The way he hugged the flying creature brought a smile to my face.

The three of us set off on our way back to L'Manburg, the sun was quickly setting. I figured it must have taken longer to find the bee than we thought. I was used to traveling through the forest in the dark, so finding my way around was easy.

However, Tubbo and Fundy weren't having as easy of a time. They were tripping over roots, running into low branches and bushes that blended into the surroundings. I ended up having to slow down or stop completely multiple times to let them catch up.

We were still a bit far from L'Manburg when there was the sound of a snapping branch. I could just make out the worried expressions on my friends' faces. I realized we must be closer to the clearing than I thought, and figured it was Sapnap on his way to our meeting spot.

"What was that?" Tubbo asked, his voice was barely above a whisper. I stared off in the direction of the noise, glancing back for a moment at the other two. I saw Fundy's hand resting on the handle of his axe, while Tubbo pulled his bee closer to him.

"I'll go check it out, you two should get back to L'Manburg," I offered. We all knew I was the best fighter out of the three of us, so the offer didn't seem too suspicious at first.

"Without a weapon?" Fundy seemed concerned. "At least take my axe with you," he demanded. He handed the axe to me, and I found I had no choice but to accept.

"Thanks," I muttered quietly. I knew that even if I still had my own weapons, I wouldn't need them, it was only Sapnap after all. I accepted the weapon anyway, as I didn't want them to know about my unlikely friendship yet.

Was friendship even the right word for what we have?

"Just keep heading that way and you'll find L'Manburg. I'll catch up with you in a bit," I instructed. I watched to make sure the two of them left before going back over to meet with Sapnap, knowing I probably wouldn't be able to stay too late tonight with Tubbo and Fundy knowing I'm out here.

As I reached the clearing I looked behind me to make sure neither of them has turned back to follow me. I held Fundy's axe by my side, my grip was loose as I had no plans of using it.

"I think they're gone, Sapnap," I spoke softly, before turning to face the man. What I wasn't expecting was that the figure standing there was not Sapnap. My grip instinctively tightened around the handle of the axe as I took a step back from the tall man.

My gaze was stuck on his mask like glue. I could feel a pit of confusion and worry churning in my stomach as the masked man took a couple of steps towards me.

"Don't take another step," I demanded, holding up the axe to defend myself if Dream didn't comply. His mask was raised just enough to see his mouth, which was twisted into a smile.

"I don't need to," those were the only words Dream spoke before a pair of arms covered in the sleeves of a white hoodie wrapped around me.

I was able to adjust my grip on Fundy's axe enough to where I could let the blade swing downwards. The grip around me faltered as the blade found its way into Punz's leg.

I managed to push them away from me, causing him to stumble back. I could see the blood beginning to soak into his pants, as I tightened my hands around the axe's handle once more. Dream rushed at me, his own axe was positioned to attack. I swung the head of the axe up, just barely blocking his strike.

I rolled out of the way from his blade, letting his axe strike the ground where I had previously been. He moved to strike again, this time I couldn't react fast enough. I let out a hiss of pain as I felt the sting of the cut in my arm.

I was doomed the moment this fight started. If it had been just Punz, I probably would have been able to take him, but with Dream here as well I struggled to find a way to win.

I hadn't even realized the flower crown had fallen from my head. I was too focused on trying to block Dream's attacks, and keeping an eye on Punz so that he couldn't get the drop on me again.

Dream lifted his axe again for another strike, attempting to bring the blade down onto me. Fortunately, I managed to block it with my own blade. What I didn't see coming, was Punz swinging his axe right towards me once I was caught up in Dream's advances.

Their blade cut straight into my lower abdomen. I staggered back, dropping the axe to the ground as I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to stop the bleeding. My vision began to get hazy before I completely blacked out.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: I'm trying to pre-write as many chapters of both this book and another book I haven't published yet before school starts.

I have two other books I have ideas for, only one of which I've started working on, as this one is my main priority, but I have a couple of chapters of the one done and I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. It may be a bit before I publish it, but it's coming :D

Anyways I hope y'all are doing great, and remember to take care of yourselves. I love you all literally so much (/p) I get so excited every time y'all comment, vote, or add this to your reading lists and I really appreciate it all <33333