☄*ೃ Forty-Four ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

I twisted and turned all night on the stiff cot that I called my bed since we'd arrived in Pogtopia. Constantly repositioning myself in an attempt to get comfortable, but I found myself unable to stay asleep for long as my thoughts raced on what the coming days held. I didn't realize how much time had actually passed until the sounds of footsteps on the hard stone echoed through the ravine.

It felt as if I had only been laying there lost in my own thoughts for about half an hour, but the shuffling of feet drew me to the conclusion that it was already morning. I questioned how much sleep I had actually gotten last night, though it was impossible to tell. I was sure it wasn't much, however.

The muffled sound of voices carried through the stuffy atmosphere of the makeshift base as I let out a quiet groan, moving my pillow over my head in an attempt to drown out the noise as I pulled my blanket up further. I let the warmth cover my still body as I begged for sleep to consume me once more if it had even taken me in the first place.

I laid there for what felt like hours, listening to the sounds of my breathing, although I knew realistically it was only a minute or two. I forced my eyes open, finding myself staring at the stone wall and I reluctantly removed the pillow from over my ear as I became aware of the distant whispers once more. The sound of footsteps halted as the voices drew near, before falling silent.

I felt my body protesting as I placed my hands on either side of me to prop myself up into a sitting position on the cot. I rubbed my eyes, letting my fuzzy vision slowly grow sharper after a couple of blinks. (Or if you have glasses) I reached over to the small chest I keep beside the cot, feeling my fingers wrap around the frames of my glasses. I carefully unfolded them before setting them on my face, being cautious as to not stab myself in the eye as I have done many times before.

I finally convinced myself to unwrap the warm blanket from my body, letting the cool cave air rush against my skin, causing several small goosebumps to rise. My face scrunched up at the cold, longing for the warmth once more, but I knew I had things to do today.

I swung my legs over the edge of the cot, the legs creaking underneath as my weight shifted on it. I let my feet touch the cold ground as I began to get ready for today, feeling overwhelming anxiety beginning to rise in my chest and into my throat as I forced myself to take deep breaths and assure myself that everything will turn out just fine.

I managed to distract myself from everything that could go wrong by thinking about the slight possibility that Sapnap may decide to visit Manberg today, or the chance that I would be able to slip out to the Greater Dream SMP to see him, even if it was for just a moment to let him know that I'm okay.

I couldn't imagine the worry or anxiety he's felt over the whole situation, though I was positive he had hidden his true feelings from everyone else, especially Dream and George, for as far as they knew I was dead. I was concerned with how Fundy and Tubbo would react upon my return, as I was sure they bought Dream's tale of my unfortunate death, just as Wilbur and Tommy had.

If only Dream didn't always wear the stupid smiley mask, I would kill for the chance to see his expression when I showed up, when I was in fact, not dead as even he believed. Though, I knew he would likely not take the news well. Part of me was afraid he would give a second attempt at ending my life, while the other half convinced me that he wouldn't care since the independence war seemed to be long over.

I let out the breath I didn't even realize I had been holding and glanced towards the other end of the room. A glowing light illuminated the area, a shimmering enchantment on a tall weapon. The glow rippled across the trident, as I felt drawn to it. I took slow, careful steps across the small, stone room, letting my arm extend towards it.

A barely noticeable grin was present on my face as my hand slowly wrapped around the staff of the weapon. I pulled my hand away quickly as the metal gave me a slight shock upon impact with my skin, I stared at my hand for a moment, shaking it gently before reaching around the weapon once more.

The metal was cool and smooth, the only exception being the ornate details added onto and carved into the handle. I pulled it away from the wall, holding it tightly and right by my side as I exited the makeshift room I had called my own. My footsteps replaced those of earlier as I walked down the open area of the ravine.

I glanced behind me to see Technoblade poking his head out of the "potato palace" as I have dubbed it since the creation of the farm inside.  He gave me a curt nod of his head, and I gave one in return before he disappeared back into the room to continue his farming.

I turned my attention to the stone staircase that led up to the real world, forcing myself to take a deep breath before I took the first step to return to the place that I had at one point considered my home.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: not sure if other glasses people relate, but I've literally stabbed my eyes with my glasses so many times I've lost count. That's probably why my vision sucks-   I really wanted to have that option in there for those who do or don't wear glasses, but I wasn't sure exactly how to structure it, so I hope it wasn't too confusing!

And thank you all for 40k reads, I am in actually shock because that is so much-  be sure to take care of yourselves, all of you! I love y'all more than anything (/p) and y'all always make my day. <33333