☄*ೃ Forty-One ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

I found myself growing increasingly tired the longer we walked through the changing biomes. This time it felt much longer than when I had made the journey to the tundra on my own. I was pretty sure the reason this time felt so much longer was the fact I was constantly anticipating what I would do when we made it back.

I had imagined many times over, just showing up in the SMP, mocking Dream and his goons, and reuniting with Sapnap. I also passed the time by imaging how Wilbur and Tommy would react upon my return, I already knew I would have a smug look on my face when they realized they were wrong about me during the Independence War.

The way Technoblade had talked about it, it sounded like our efforts for independence paid off up until the election Wilbur held. I was surprised he would even consider the idea of holding one, even with the smallest chance of losing, especially after seeing how his mind was corrupted by the possibility of me being a traitor.

As we crunched through the leaves, I found myself getting slightly worried that we were lost, as I didn't recognize any of our surroundings from the last time I made the trip. Every time I had mentioned even the slightest doubt in my brother's pathing, he would insist he knew the best way to return to L'Manburg, or Manberg as it was now known.

Of course, I was surprised when we found ourselves standing next to a hill with a little dirt shack built into it with a wooden door. I gave him a concerned glance, unsure if this was the right place, and I could tell he immediately understood the look as one of distrust.

"I'm the human GPS remember? This is the right place," his monotone voice sounded like music to my ears after possibly hours of silence. I couldn't help but roll my eyes playfully at the nickname he kept calling himself whenever I would doubt his navigation abilities along the way.

I gestured toward the door with my dominant hand, signaling him to lead the way. The half-piglin gave a curt nod before walking up to the door and opening it wide, stepping inside of the small hut. I followed right behind him, nodding in response to a glance back at me after we both spotted the stone stairs descending into the ground.

We walked down the narrow staircase, stepping down into the darkness, being careful not to miss a step and slip. There was light a little further down so we kept going until the walls expanded out, revealing a large underground ravine hidden from the surface. I glance around in awe as we gingerly made out way down the stairs, trying not to fall as I noticed a severe lack of rails on the stairs to prevent falling.

"Wilbur?" Techno called out as his footsteps echoed through the open area, stepping off the final step and taking a couple of extra paces before halting. I jumped down the last couple of steps, hearing far-off voices carrying through the air and bouncing off of the stone walls.

"The blade!" Tommy called out with glee as he and Wilbur rounded a corner, spotting the pinkette at the base of the stairs. I saw him freeze in his tracks, staring as he caught sight of me the moment I stepped forward to stand even with my brother.

"Y/n-" Tommy spoke quietly as I shot him a slight glare through narrowed eyes. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Techno casting glances between myself and the blond, as well as catching a look of disbelief plastered across Wilbur's face.

"But- you're dead!" The British kid exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger in my direction, I could help but laugh at his statement. I could tell Techno was holding back a chuckle and a grin.

"And where did you hear that from?" I responded, trying to keep myself from laughing anymore, even if it was only slightly from the previous statement. I could tell the gears were turning in his head as I watched his expressions change, looking for the right words to say and possibly questioning whether or not he should have trusted said person's word.

"It, uh, it was um, it-  Dream," he stammered out, eventually letting the name slip from his mouth. I had a feeling Dream would be convinced of my death, and knew the answer before I had even asked the question, but I just wanted to hear Tommy say it.

"And why would you trust anything that green bastard says?" I prompted Tommy, knowing he's never believed Dream in the past when it came to taking his word for something he didn't have the proof for. I could tell Tommy was questioning himself as to why he believed it, but Wilbur stood still.

He was unmoving with an unreadable expression on his face. I lightly bit down on the inside of my cheek to keep myself from bursting out laughing from the expressions on my two former friends' faces.

"So, uh, you here to up us as well, Y/n?" Wilbur asked, clearing his throat in the middle of the sentence before he took a couple of strides closer to where I was standing by Techno's side. I only nodded my head in response.

"I didn't know you knew the blade, Y/n, " Tommy spoke after a brief moment of silence. This time Techno and I were both unable to hold back our laughter. The confused looks and glances between Wilbur and Tommy made the question even funnier to the two of us.

"Tommy, Wilbur, this is my brother, Technoblade," I spoke confidently with a grin on my face.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: this chapter feels rushed to me, but oh well I'm tired- I may fix it later at some point

As always get lots of rest, eat, and drink water!!!! I'm proud of you all and you're all the best. I love y'all so much (/p) please take care of yourselves <33333