☄*ೃ Eleven ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

I found myself racing the sun to get back to L'Manburg before the others woke up and would discover I was not in the nation. I pushed my way through several low-hanging branches as I neared the edge of the forest. I could clearly see the gate as the sun slowly rose higher into the sky.

I pushed myself to keep running, despite feeling a burning sensation in my lungs. I gasped for air as I ran, feeling my chest tighten up as I found myself slowing down as I reached the large gates. I pushed them open, a creak sounding out as the gates moved. Once inside I closed the gates behind me and leaned against the walls of L'Manburg, desperately trying to catch my breath.

I hate running. It didn't take long before Wilbur stepped out of the camarvan with Tommy following right behind him. Tommy, as always, seemed to be full of energy and was rambling on about something I couldn't quite make out from a distance. His blue eyes were wide with energy, and his blond hair bounced slightly as he walked. It didn't take long for my e/c eyes to land on Wilbur.

The tall brunet looked tired, dark bags were present beneath his eyes, his hair looked messy and his beanie sat lazily on top of his head. His posture was slouched slightly more than normal, and his feet lightly dragged across the ground as he walked. I can't imagine I look much better than him, after having been out all night and running through the forest.

My gaze left the tired man, and I stood up straight from where I had been leaning on the wall. I began to make my way over to where my house was located across L'Manburg, I figured I would go grab some more food, landing on the decision to grab some potatoes when I heard a shout behind me.

"Y/n wait up!" I spun around to see Wilbur jogging closer to where I was standing, having left Tommy alone when he spotted me. It didn't take long for the tall man to catch up with me, his long legs carried him quickly across the land.

"Look, I know you left L'Manburg again last night, you never came into the van, and when I checked you weren't on the walls anymore," Wilbur said with a sigh. I could see the look of concern that covered his face.

"I had just seen something moving in the forest and thought it best to check it out," I shrugged off as I took a step towards my house, then another, and another with Wilbur following after.

"All night? You never returned last night! I was waiting for you," Wilbur trailed off near the end of his sentence as we walked closer towards my house, keeping a slow, steady pace.

"I couldn't find anything, I spent all night searching," I took a couple more steps before realizing the tall Brit had stopped. I spun around to see him, I watched his brown eyes glance up to meet mine for a moment before they flickered away.

"It's just that I worry about you," I opened my mouth to interject, "I know what you're going to say, and I know you can take care of yourself. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to worry about you."

I stayed silent for a moment, staring at the ground. The only thing I could do was let out a large sigh before bringing my gaze up to meet his again.

"I'll be careful, I promise," you said, giving a reassuring half-smile. I turned around again to continue back to my house again, my stomach was growling at this point and I had my mindset on those potatoes.

"Y/n-" I turned my head partially to look at the man, stopping in my tracks as he spoke my name, "thank you."

I could only give him a curt nod before he turned off to go work on something else, probably something more important than what I had on my mind.

I jogged to my house, which was now much closer than it had been before. I practically burst through the door, as I rushed over to the barrels I kept in my kitchen. I searched through them briefly before finding what I had been in search of.

Potatoes. They were always my favorite growing up. My brother always thought it was a bit weird, but once I was taught how to farm them from an old friend of my brother's, it became my favorite hobby. I even kept it up after I agreed to go with Wilbur and Tommy to create L'Manburg.

I sighed before taking a bite of the remarkably bland vegetable. I definitely preferred them more as a child, probably because I had regularly kept up with my farm, so the potatoes were always fresh. I couldn't remember the last time I had checked on the small farm I had located behind my house.

I assumed it was probably sometime before the war had begun, as no one really had much time nowadays, it was all spent preparing for the inevitable.

After I had finished off the vegetables, I found myself wandering out to the back of my house. My farm was there, as I had left it, but it was far worse shape than I had left it in. Weeds were growing around my plants, and most of them looked to be beyond salvageable.

I dropped to my knees next to a section of the farm and without even needing to think about it, I began to pull the weeds out from around my precious plants. I was determined to get the farm up and running again, and made a promise to myself to take care of it whenever I could. I knew it would be hard with the war going on, but I was willing to put in the effort.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: I'm back from vacation and finally have a plot for this story, as before I was just winging it, so hopefully it becomes much easier for me to write this way! That means there will probably be more frequent updates (as long as my motivation doesn't give out on me)

Anyways, I hope you all are having a fantastic day/night/whatever and be sure to take care of yourselves! Drink water, eat food, get sleep!

Ily all <3 /p