☄*ೃ Thirty-Eight ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

My legs felt weak as I slid back in the snow. My arms held up my iron sword in defense, my face scrunching up slightly as I blocked another attack. The axe hit on my blade, the force behind the attack was enough to push me back further, struggling to keep my balance.

"I'm surprised you've managed to last this long, especially when you suck at this," Technoblade teased with a grin. I scoffed as I ducked under another blow, swinging my sword, aiming for his leg. The half-piglin jumped out of the way of my attack, and kicked out to the side, his foot striking my forearm. I winced in response, my dull sword falling into the snow as I fell to the side, rubbing my arm.

"You let your guard down too much when you're attacking. When you attack, you need to make sure you are still in a position in which you will be able to defend yourself," my brother advised, as I reached over and felt my fingers curl around the hilt of the sword once more before bringing myself back to my feet.

"Okay, let's try again," I challenged, steadying my stance as I narrow my eyes, only to see Techno roll his. He didn't make any attempt to move, standing in the same unmoving position before checking the position of the sun in the sky. It was beginning to settle down, hanging in the air, suspended just above the roof of the cabin.

"We've been doing this for hours, and you're worse than when we started," he replied as he watched the sun's position shift slightly. I felt my shoulders relax and my dominant hand fell, letting my sword hang by my side.

"That's not true! I'm improving, I swear," I argued back, following his gaze, looking up to the sky. It was around twelve-thirty when we began sparring together, and based on the sun's location I assumed it had to be around four or five pm.

"You're getting tired and starting to make stupid mistakes. Half of the tips I've given you in the last hour were things you've never struggled with before," Technoblade retorted as he started off towards his house. I ran after him, my feet kicking up snow slightly as I struggled to keep up with him.

"But I have to improve!" I slowed to a more manageable pace after having caught back up with my brother. "I won't be able to return to L'Manburg or the SMP until I know I'm strong enough."

Technoblade stopped in his tracks after the last sentence I spoke. I wasn't paying too much attention and just about ran straight into his back, only barely stopping myself in time.

"Is that what all this has been for?" His voice was low and quiet. I noticed he was looking at the ground, his gaze traveling over each snowflake that lay settled on the ground surrounding our feet.

"Well- Techno, I, uh," I tried to find the right words to respond. I felt a feeling of guilt riding in me and desperately searched for a way to explain what I had meant.

"All of this just so that you could leave me again? You told me you were done with that place, and now you're using me so that you can return," the half-piglin spoke as the pieces of the puzzle began to fit together in his mind.

"That's not it, Techno," I responded calmly, even though my thoughts were racing at a million miles an hour. I reached my hand out to place it on his shoulder, only for him to pull away, taking a few steps away from me.

"Just when I thought you wanted to spend more time together after we haven't seen each other for so long. I never should have listened to Philza when he told me to give you another chance," his tone was bitter and I felt my expression soften, listening to him air out his grievances before I tried to dispute them.

"Trust me, I don't want to go back because of the place itself, I want to go back for the people," I assured him, keeping to myself that I wanted to go back just for one person. I cringed slightly at my choice of words, realizing it probably didn't help much.

"I thought you told me Wilbur and Tommy hated you now," he refuted, as he started walking again. I followed closely behind as we moved at a slow pace towards the house.

"They do. It's uh, someone else," I stammered slightly in the sentence, unsure of the wording. I noticed Techno glance over his shoulder at me with a slightly amused look in response.

"So, it's one person?" He inquired with a lightly teasing tone. I rolled my eyes with a quiet scoff, my breath visible in the chilly air. I crossed my arms after hearing him chuckle at my lack of a reply. The sound of snow crunching under our feet filled the air along with the occasionally audible inhale and exhale.

"So, who's the lucky person?" Technoblade asked, holding out the "o" in the word "so" for longer than usual. I only groaned in response, not bothering to reply to him anymore as I picked up my pace. The sound of my shoes on the wooden steps sounded like music to my ears as I pushed my way into the house with my brother following not too far behind.

"Hey, mate. How did training go?' A familiar British voice asked from the kitchen. I opened my mouth to speak, but Techno beat me to it as he took a seat at the counter.

"They're improving. They will impress their crush in no time," the pinkette teased. With a mischievous smile, as Phil shot me a questioning look.

"That's the last time I tell you anything," I told Techno, feigning offense. I set my sword down near the door and taking a seat next to him at the counter, giving him a playful glare.

"You didn't even need to tell me, in fact, you refused to," he retorted, elbowing me lightly in the side. I only crossed my arms again in response as Phil laughed from where he stood, cooking on the stove.

"I'm sure whoever it is will be very impressed, Y/n," Phil assured as he served the potato soup he had been cooking.

"Of course he's going to be impressed, he already is," I mumbled as I scooped up some of the soup onto my spoon. I gently blew on it to cool it down before eating it.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: I had no clue how to end this chapter oop- 

Reminder that you are amazing and you will conquer whatever you are going through right now. Take care of yourselves!! Make sure to get lots of sleep, eat food and drink lots of water!!! I love you all (/p) <3333