☄*ೃ Twenty-Nine ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Sapnap Pov:

The breeze whipped my jet-black hair in every direction as the wooden path creaked with each step we took. Much like the rest of my team, I wore a smirk on my face now that L'Manburg's fate was about to be sealed.

Dream led the group with George in the middle and Punz and me at the back. Eret wasn't ready to face those they betrayed and found herself preferring to stay at the base to look after Y/n.

I felt guilty that I hadn't gone to see them this morning before we left, even though I promised. I had intended on checking in on them, but when I opened the door to their room, they were fast asleep. I didn't want to wake them up when I knew they hadn't been sleeping well recently.

I was afraid they were going to get mad at me, but I figured it would be worth it because then I at least knew they were getting rest. I assumed I would still have the chance to see them after the meeting. If only things worked out that easy.

The sun was still low in the sky, it was about half an hour until the star would reach its peak straight overhead. Dream always liked to be early, and it appeared as if the L'Manburgians were the same way.

The group walked confidently down the path towards us, with Wilbur in the lead. I saw him mumble something to Tommy, but they were too far for me to hear what he said. Tommy nodded his head in response. I found myself glaring at them as I tried to figure out what they were up to. I watched Dream tense up as the opposing side halted in front of him.

"Gentlemen," Wilbur began, his voice was confident and relaxed, but we all knew he was nervous. Dream tapped his foot impatiently on the oak wood. Punz's grip on his axe tightened, George kept his hand resting on the hilt of his sword, while I held my arms crossed over my chest.

"We have come to discuss terms of surrend-" the leader of the group was quickly cut off by the loud, obnoxious voice of the annoying blond-haired Brit. Wilbur looked tired, dark bags were clearly visible under his eyes and his expression changed to one of annoyance.

"You know what? No. We aren't going to surrender! Dream, I challenge you to a bow duel for L'Manburg's independence," Tommy shouted aggressively as he pushed past Wilbur, getting in Dream's face as he spoke. The tall kid pointed his finger, poking it in Dream's direction.

"Tommy, what is the one thing I asked you not to?" Wilbur asked the younger kid with a sigh. I saw him pinching the bridge of his nose and I held back a chuckle at the sight.

"But Wilby-" Tommy began before being cut off once more by the tall brunet. Punz and I exchanged glances as the two fought. George had stepped a few places towards Dream, placing an arm over the taller man's shoulder.

"No, tell me the one thing I asked you not to do," Wilbur demanded this time, grabbing the younger's arm, seemingly forgetting that we were standing right there. Tommy lowered his head slightly before turning to glare at us.

"Not to do anything stupid," the blond mumbled, "but you shouldn't be surrendering! Not when we've worked so hard."

Tommy pulled his arm away from Wilbur, walking back up to our group once more. I could see the anger in his expressions, the way his face was wrinkled in disgust at the sight of his enemies.

"Dream, you and me. Ten paces, if I win, L'Manburg gets independence, and if you win, we'll surrender," the teenager challenged. I could see the other L'Manburg members giving each other worried glances.

Dream pretended to think about the challenge, though we all knew he had made up his mind the moment Tommy opened his mouth. My eyes narrowed as they passed over each of the members of the opposing team. Wilbur was shaking his head while Fundy and Tubbo just stared at Dream, nervously awaiting his response.

"And if I win, you'll never see Y/n again," Dream added in with a smirk, attempting to get under his skin. Tommy only rolled his eyes in response, it was barely noticeable, but Dream's grin faltered at the lack of a response.

"I don't care if I ever see that traitorous bastard again. They're no better than Eret," Tommy scowled. Wilbur nodded his head in agreement, followed by more hesitant nods from the brunet and fox.

Dream only scoffed in response. I glanced between the L'Manburgians and Dream, who appeared to be going through all of the possible outcomes in his head.

"You're on. Two days from now, at dawn," the green blob announced after the moment of silence. Tubbo pulled Tommy away from Dream. Our leader pushed past us, shrugging George's arm off of him. The man in the green hoodie was on his way back towards the base. Punz shrugged slightly when I caught his gaze before we headed after him.

"Tommy I don't think was a good idea," I heard Tubbo's concerned voice slightly as we walked away. It was about mid-afternoon at this point. A few clouds hung low in the sky, I felt a twisted gut feeling that after today, everything was going to change. And little did I know, I was right.

Before we had reached the base, Dream suddenly stopped in his tracks. It was at this moment that I realized he wasn't his usual self. This whole walk back, he had been silent, lost in his own thoughts. Normally, the blond would have been getting cocky about the duel, his confidence would be through the roof. Dream would be discussing how he was going to kill Tommy.

However, Dream was silent. He turned around slowly to face Punz, George, and me. His mouth was the only visible part of his face, and it was pressed into a thin, straight line, hiding any indication of emotion.

"Punz, Sapnap, you two are on patrol duty tonight. I have a bad feeling about the L'Manburgians, make sure they don't really do something stupid," he ordered. Punz seemed unconvinced until Dream offered a couple of diamonds for the service, then they were immediately on board.

Something bad was going to happen tonight. I just knew it.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: Sorry the chapter is coming out pretty late today! I was so caught up in homework. It feels really rushed to me, but it could be worse, I sort of like it.

I will now be getting sleep cause I keep typing "Groge" instead of George- so I will take that as I sign I need the sleep lmao if I didn't install a writing checker app, this would probably be unreadable with all the misspelling and mistakes I made oop

Anyways, have a great day/night/whatever. Take care of yourselves! Don't overwork yourself, drink water, and eat food!! I love you all (/p) <33333