☄*ೃ Twenty-Eight☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

Several days had passed following the same routine. Sapnap would bring me food, and spend as much time with me as he could before he was needed elsewhere. He would keep me company, giving me updates on the war and keeping me informed on how my friends were doing.

I appreciated his company, but found myself lonely most of the day, as he was only here for a couple of minutes at a time. Occasionally, if he was busy, Eret would take his place in bringing me my food. They wouldn't say anything, just leaving an awkward silence hanging in the air before she left.

The days were filled with staring at the wall and mindlessly pacing around the small room with nothing but my thoughts to entertain me. It made me more and more anxious the longer I was kept here. I worried about how things were back in L'Manburg, how well they were holding up. I couldn't imagine morale was too high, with them believing they had been betrayed twice.

I held out hope that my capture would convince them I hadn't been against them. I wanted Wilbur and Tommy to realize that this was all just a big misunderstanding. I worried about what Dream would do if they didn't give in to his requests. I felt selfish worrying about my own safety as well.

I knew it wouldn't end well if Wilbur refused to cooperate with Dream's demands. If Wilbur wouldn't give in, there would be no reason for Dream to keep me around. That's the part that scared me. I just hoped Sapnap would keep Dream from taking that route.

Today had gone just the same as each day before. I paced back and forth across the room. A pounding headache had been plaguing me for several hours. I picked up my water bottle from the desk and took a sip. I jumped at the rattling of the door handle as it was unlocked. I found myself spinning around to face the door.

It opened inward, so I couldn't see who was there until I saw their familiar face peek around the edge of the door. I felt my face immediately lifting at the sight of Sapnap's gentle smile. He stepped further in, closing the door, and sitting on the edge of the bed. He lightly patted the mattress to signal me over.

I gave a short nod as I walked over to that side of the room, sitting on the bed next to who seemed to be my only friend left. I sat close to him, laying my head on his shoulder as my headache seemed to grow. I basked in his presence before he eventually spoke.

"How are your wounds holding up?" Sapnap asked. I shrugged slightly, he probably wouldn't have noticed it if he couldn't feel my shoulders brush against him as they moved.

"My arm is almost completely healed, and my side still hurts, but it's getting there," I explained. I wasn't sure if the cut on my arm would still be visible after a while, but I knew the larger slash would definitely leave a scar. He nodded his head, letting the silence envelop us again.

"Wilbur has arranged another meeting with us," the raven-haired boy's voice was low when he spoke again. I felt my heart skip a beat as I shifted my head slightly on his shoulder.

"We're meeting tomorrow at noon," he turned his head to look towards me, "to discuss the terms of surrender." Those last words made my heart sink. I couldn't believe that he would give up after all that we've done, how far that we've come.

The room was filled with the sound of gentle, shallow breaths as neither of us dared to speak. It hurt me to hear that all of the progress we've made would soon be for nothing. I closed my eyes, letting my thoughts consume me. Flashes of memories played in my mind, from the start of L'Manburg, to now.

Images of hanging out with Tommy and Tubbo, watching the sunsets with Wilbur, training with Fundy and Eret. It all felt so far away now. Memories of the best and worst times of the war. Memories of the explosions, and the final control room found themselves in my mind. All of the loss, with no revenge, no happy ending.

I felt a hand enclose mine that had been sitting on top of my lap. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. Sapnap was looking at me with an apologetic look, his soft hands holding mine.

"At least then, maybe I'll get to go home," I replied, though I knew that wasn't entirely what I wanted. As much as I hated being trapped in this room, it wouldn't be much different back in L'Manburg. At least here, I had a friend. I wasn't sure how Fundy and Tubbo felt about me now, but I hoped if I were to return, they would be there for me.

"Hey, things will be okay," Sapnap said softly, breaking me from my thoughts once more. I hadn't even realized I had zoned out again. I gave him a small, forced smile, glancing up at his eyes.

"I hope so," I breathed out. I lifted my head from his shoulder after he pulled his hands away from mine. I shot him a confused look as he stood up. My mouth was slightly agape, as I searched for the right words to say.

"We need to discuss our plans for tomorrow. I'll come to see you before we leave," he explained. I stood up as well, not saying anything as I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. Sapnap was taken aback slightly before his posture relaxed, his own arms engulfing me.

I didn't want that moment to end, but sure enough, his warmth was replaced with cold air as he moved to leave. My arms fell to my side. I reached out to him, grabbing his arm lightly as he took a couple of steps towards the door. He gave me a regretful glance as I dropped my arm from his.

"I'm sorry," Sapnap whispered. He turned back towards the door. The raven-haired boy sent one last weak smile my way before he pulled the door close.

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: my signed quackity hoodie is supposed to be here today I'm so excited!! Though the tracking app also said it would be here last week, and the day kept changing, I'm hoping it actually comes today!

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day/night/whatever. Drink water, eat food, and get plenty of sleep!! I love you all (/p) <33333