☄*ೃ Twenty-Three ☄*ೃ

Tw: mentions of blood
╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Sapnap Pov:

The feeling of guilt was overwhelming me as I paced around near the front door of our base. I was anxiously awaiting the return of my friends, knowing what they had planned.

My face dropped, and I stopped in my tracks when Dream and Punz returned. Dream was holding two axes, and over Punz's shoulder was a familiar figure. They were covered in their own blood, which was very poorly tended to. The bandages were loose, not doing much to stop the bleeding, although it was expected.

I couldn't imagine either of them caring enough to actually try to help the wounds they caused. Especially when they were located on who was supposed to be the enemy. I had hoped Y/n wouldn't be able to leave tonight after being caught by Tommy, as I knew what was in store for them. Part of me had wanted to go and help them, but I knew I couldn't.

When Dream had joined me on the top of the hill last night, I had a feeling nothing good was going to come out of it. When he proposed this idea to get L'Manburg to surrender, I initially wanted to object. However, I suspected the only reason Dream wasn't upset was due to the fact he could use it to his advantage.

When I refused to go with him to lure Y/n into a false sense of security, he was pretty pissed. Although, he quickly convinced Punz to join him, the motivator being money. It was the only thing they cared about, getting paid.

I could barely see the side of Dream's eye as he passed, glaring at me from behind the side of the mask. I let out a sigh after he and Punz were out of sight, heading further into the building we called our base.

───☆彡★彡───

Fundy Pov:

Tubbo and I waited near the gate for Y/n to return. We hadn't expected they would take too long, assuming what we heard was only some sort of forest creature. I knew I shouldn't be worried, as I knew Y/n was capable of taking care of themself. We spared together many times in the past, and I would often watch them train with others too.

I gave the shorter boy a worried glanced the longer we had to wait for our friend to return. We waited all night, and it's wasn't until the sun began to rise that we knew something was up.

"We should go check on Y/n, they should have been back by now," Tubbo spoke after hours of silence laying over us through the night. I quickly agreed and we both slipped out of L'Manburg once more to retrieve our friend.

"Y/n? Where are you?" We took turns shouting the few words as the two of us searched around the forest in the area we had last seen them. We decided to split up to cover more ground. I could hear Tubbo's distant calls, a hint of desperation in his voice.

"Fundy! Over here!" I immediately took off sprinting through the trees, the moment I heard his voice. I slowed to a halt at the edge of a clearing, I saw tubbo standing almost frozen in place. I began to gingerly walk closer, almost instantly spotting what was at the boy's feet.

There in the grass, was a squished flower crown that I recognized as the one I had made the afternoon before. I could picture the smile on Y/n's face when I placed it on their head, and their enthusiasm to learn how to make one. I reached my hand up to touch my own crown that they had made for me, it was very loose and about to fall apart, but it was perfect in my eyes because my best friend had made it for me.

My gaze trailed across the stretch of open grass, as an unforgettable scent was becoming more noticeable as I took small steps across the soft grass. Sure enough, I found the source of the stench, blood. The dark red substance seemed almost dried by now, splattered across the ground, it made me feel sick. My ears flattened at the sight.

A small gasp sounded out from beside me. I turned my head slightly to see Tubbo to my right. In his hands, he was clutching the remains of Y/n's flower crown. The stems were broken and falling apart and there were missing petals, and the flowers were dirty from being pushed into the dirt by someone's shoe.

"We have to get Wilbur immediately," I breathed out, my voice was barely a whisper. I lead Tubbo back through the forest, remembering the way back to L'Manburg. We both kept our eyes peeled on the way back, hoping we would find an injured Y/n who was trying to get back to L'Manburg. As expected, we saw no other trace of them.

We returned to the gates, feeling defeated. Tubbo's bee was floating around, as they had been tied to the gates before we left on our little search party. Tubbo put the mostly ruined flower crown on the bee while I made my way towards the camarvan to find Wilbur.

"Wilbur, we have an emergency," my voice was shaking as I spoke as I burst through the door, interrupting whatever conversation Wilbur and Tommy were having. The two taller boys looked at me confused.

"It's Y/n. They're missing. We found blood and their flower crown when we went out looking for them," I explained in a rushed tone. They both seemed uncomfortably calm at the news.

"They went out with Tubbo and me yesterday, I gave them my axe when they went to investigate a sound we heard. They never came back," I was beginning to panic at this point. Tubbo stepped into the van behind me, though he didn't say anything.

"And your axe wasn't there?" Wilbur asked, his tone was cold and steady. I nodded my head in response, not recalling seeing my weapon anywhere in that clearing.

"Hmm. You can use Y/n's weapons. It's clear they won't be needing them anymore," Wilbur shrugged as he spoke, walking past Tubbo and me. He left the van with Tommy trailing behind him. I felt unnerved at his lack of concern for our friend.

Why doesn't he care?

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: I originally wanted to stay away from the whole being captured plot, as it seems very overused to me. But I realized my original plan wouldn't work out and found this to be the best solution to transition into the next little arc I have planned.

And as always, have a great day/night/whatever. Eat food, drink water, and don't overwork yourselves with school coming up, or if you've already started. I love you all (/p) <333