☄*ೃ Forty-Seven☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/n Pov:

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, two black sleeves wrapped themselves around my torso and gave a tight squeeze. I could feel myself losing my balance as the figure had practically launched themself at me. I wasn't able to see the identity of the figure until my back had hit the rough ground with the brunet on top of me.

"Oh my god, Y/n! I thought you were dead! Because Dream said- and then Wilbur said- and I didn't want to believe it- and I'm sorry for knocking you down and," Tubbo rambled off, not able to finish a thought before moving on to the next one, desperate to get all of his thoughts out.

"Tubbo, it's alright," I responded with a small chuckle as the boy brought himself back to his feet and held out his hand to help me back up to mine as well. Although I wasn't spared from another tight hug from the younger kid, it was clear to me that this time he was making sure not to knock me down.

"I just can't believe that you're alive," Tubbo spoke in a hushed tone, seeming reluctant to let his arms drop back to his side as if I would disappear again if he ever let go. His arms fell away slowly, his expression holding a look of relief mixed with confusion.

"I managed to escape, hid out for a while, and thought it best to return sooner or later," I replied with a quick shrug, not wanting to go into too much detail about the ordeal quite yet as I could tell he was still processing the lies he had been fed by Dream. I saw his expression light up as an idea formed in his mind.

"I need to show you around Manberg! There are so many places to see and people for you to meet now!" The young brit bounced excitedly with energy before immediately grabbing my wrist and pulling me with him to see all the changes made to my former home.

"You have to see Niki's bakery!" Tubbo exclaimed excitedly pulling me down a path through the now unfamiliar nation. We passed by buildings and people I had never seen before, a few of them stopping to stare for only a moment before continuing with their days. It wasn't long before Tubbo came to a halt outside of what I could only assume was the bakery.

I followed the small brunet inside, the scent of freshly baked bread and cookies wafted through the air. My mouth watered the moment the scent hit my nose, as my gaze scanned across the walls, inspecting the inside of the bakery with awe. My eyes trailed over each intricate detail of the decor, admiring all the work that had been put into the little shop.

"Hello, Tubbo! Oh, I see you've brought a friend with you today," the sweet voice immediately broke me free of my focus on the decorations. My attention landed on the owner of the voice, who I could only assume was Niki. I gave a short wave from where I stood behind Tubbo.

"Niki this is Y/n! I was giving them a tour and knew it wouldn't be complete without stopping here," he beamed. I couldn't help but smile at the kid's excitement.

"Y/n? Like the Y/n that Wilbur would talk about?" Niki questioned, cocking her head slightly to the side. I stood next to Tubbo awkwardly, not entirely sure what to say, and not really knowing what she was talking about.

"Yeah! That Y/n!" Tubbo replied almost too ecstatically in my opinion, but that seemed normal for the boy. Even after everything he'd been through, he managed to keep a positive energy.

"Sorry, am I missing something?" I asked, feeling confused and left out of the conversation from a lack of context to what they were talking about.

"Wilbur told me all about you, he told me how-" Niki paused for a moment as if trying to figure out how to put it into words. Although it was possible she was also struggling to figure out how to say it without causing much pain, or without bringing back memories of the past.

"What?" I prodded Niki to continue her train of thought after several long moments of silence from the German girl.

"How you died... For L'Manburg." Niki said eventually. An awkward moment left us standing in silence as each of us searched for a way to break the silence as we glance between each other.

"Oh.. Yeah. That's a- it's a long story," I spoke eventually, sheepishly rubbing my hand on the back of my neck. As soon as we felt another bout of uncomfortable silence approaching, Tubbo was quick to prevent it.

"Anyways Niki, can we get some cookies?" He spoke, regaining his usual chipper tone. Niki's face lit up and nodded with a soft smile.

"Chocolate chip as usual?" Niki asked, as we all silently agreed to forget about the conversation that we held only a moment ago.

"That's the one! What kind do you want Y/n?" Tubbo asked, whilst eagerly pointing to each of the different cookies visible in the display case in front of us.

"I'll take a (favorite cookie), please," I said eventually after gazing over all of the different kinds in front of us.

"Coming right up!" We watched as Niki reached into the glass counter and pulled out the two cookies with napkins and handed them to each of us. I reached into my pockets to look for some money, but Niki shook her head.

"Don't worry about it, it's on the house! Think of it as a little welcome to Manberg gift," she said with a smile.

"Thanks Niki! See you later!" Tubbo quickly piped up, grabbing my arm roughly. Although I could tell he didn't mean for it to feel that way, he was just excited.

"It was nice meeting you!" I called out as Tubbo began to pull me towards the bakery's exit. I glanced back at Niki as she spoke.

"Enjoy the rest of your tour!" She called out after us as she waved goodbye. I gave her a swift wave in return as the kid pulled me out of her bakery.

He showed me the rest of the way around Manberg while we ate our cookies. It was probably the best cookie I have ever had. I didn't pay attention to most of what Tubbo was saying, as my thoughts were plagued with what I had been sent here to do. I was contemplating how to say it, and hardly even realized Tubbo had stopped walking. I almost ran into him before realizing that we were back where we started.

"Tubbo, I need to ask you something," I blurted out, interrupting him mid-sentence as he concluded his tour. His face dropped when he saw how serious mine was.

"What is it?" He asked, looking concerned, scared almost. I watched as his eyes scanned across my face, trying to read my expression before I finally found the words to speak.

"How would you like to join Pogtopia?"

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: hey guys, I'm back! The last few months were insanely busy with rehearsals every day, even weekends, for our spring musical. I was getting about 2-3 hours of sleep a night and have zero free time for anything. But now that we are done for the year, I will have more time to write! I can't promise I'll be able to return to my schedule for this book as there's ap testing coming up, but it won't be as long between chapters anymore!

Thank you to everyone that has stayed around for this long and showed lots of support for this book. I love all of you so so so much and please continue to take care of yourselves <333