☄*ೃ Seventeen ☄*ೃ

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

Sapnap Pov:

"I just don't understand where you feel the need to sneak off to every night!" I kept a stone face as Dream shouted, pacing back and forth in front of me. I was sat on a couch in our base, occasionally glancing out the window at the darkening sky.

"For the last time, I'm just patrolling around the SMP to make sure those pesky L'Manburgians aren't gonna try anything," I replied, half shouting the words as they left my mouth.

I watched as he suddenly stopped. He was frozen in place, and I knew this meant he was thinking. He was probably analyzing everything, each word I spoke, my tone, my body language throughout the whole conversation. Looking for anything he could use to refute my claims.

He was most likely searching for any inconsistencies in my story. He always did this, he hated not knowing exactly where everyone was and what they were doing at all times. He was paranoid, he just didn't always show it. I didn't even notice it myself until George mentioned it once.

I always thought it was just Dream being concerned about George's safety. However, since George brought it up, I became more aware of Dream's paranoid behavior, every now and then I would pick up on things that weren't so apparent to me beforehand. This was one of those times where it was more obvious than others.

I debated telling him the truth, he was my best friend, he would understand. At least I had hoped he would. But every time he mentions his plans to destroy L'Manburg, I realize it wouldn't be in my best interest to tell him that I think I may be in love with the enemy.

If it were anyone else, Dream would be the first person I'd go to for advice. I mean, he managed to get George to date him, he would probably know what to do. He could also probably confirm if this is what love feels like.

I longed for this excruciating interrogation to end so that I could head back out to see them again. I figured Y/n would be concerned if I didn't show up and I didn't want to worry them.

"Are you even listening to me?" I hadn't even realized Dream was talking again until that last sentence had knocked me from my thoughts. It wasn't uncommon for me lately to zone out thinking about Y/n, often wondering how they were doing and hoping they stayed out of trouble.

"Yeah, whatever man," I shrugged off his question. He scoffed and I noticed all of his weight was leaning on one foot as his arms sat crossed and I knew that meant he was annoyed. He never took of his mask, so the others and I were able to pick up his emotion based on his body language.

I stood up from the sofa, I walked past Dream, heading to the front door when his fingerless-gloved hand reached out to grab my arm. He jerked me back slightly, my gaze immediately snapping up to look up at his mask.

"Now I know you weren't listened, because I literally just told you you aren't to leave the base," Dream spoke harshly. I pulled my arm away from him in response and continued through the door anyways. I ignored his shouts, they were slowly growing faint with the more distance I put between myself and the masked man.

I didn't even need to think about where I was going. The moon was beginning to get lower into the sky once more, but I knew I couldn't leave Y/n waiting. I had only hoped they hadn't already left.

───☆彡★彡───

Dream Pov:

I narrowed my eyes, glaring out at the SMP after Sapnap disappeared from my sight. I glanced back into the building behind me, before stepping out of the doorway completely, into the fresh night breeze.

I closed the door, looking off into the direction Sapnap had gone to. I knew something was off with him, he never acted this way. I could tell he was becoming more and more distant from us. I knew the only way to figure out if he was telling the truth or not was to follow him.

I set off in the direction I watched the raven-haired disappear to only minutes before. I knew it was best to keep a large gap of distance between the two of us while we were in the openness of the country. However, I found it likely that even if I were to be closer, he wouldn't bother checking to make sure he was alone.

We had all noticed he was being sucked into his thoughts and daydreams more and more through the past two weeks. I had no doubt he was once again trapped in his own mind on his journey to this mystery place.

As I reached the woods, I picked up my pace. I needed to keep my sights on the other boy or else I could lose his trail. I was able to catch up with him and keep a good several feet between the two of us. If I made a sound he would assume it to be some sort of animal, if he even noticed it in the first place.

He walked the path as if he had done it a hundred times and it was pure muscle memory at this point. He didn't need to think about where he was going, how to get there, or any obstacles that may have been in the way. He dodged and weaved trees, bushes, and branches as if he was programmed onto a set path he couldn't break from.

I could see a gap in the trees several yards ahead from where I was stood. He was heading for the clearing in the forest. The reason was a mystery to me, one that I was about to finally uncover.

I stayed behind in the safety of the layer of darkness created by the shadows of the trees. I watched the face of a familiar person light up as Sapnap reached them. I watched as the two of them held each other in a tight hug.

I felt my green eyes narrowing as I watched the interaction between the two, it seemed very friendly for both of them having been on different sides of the same war. I could see their mouths moving as the two of them talked, although it was too far for their voices to reach me I could tell there wasn't the slightest hint of hostility between them.

Why is Sapnap being so friendly with Y/n? Doesn't he realize they are the enemy?

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

A/n: I hope you all are doing good! Things are getting busy with school coming back soon but I'm making sure to find time to keep this going cause I really enjoy writing it! I appreciate all of y'alls support of this story.

Y'all are all amazing, be sure to eat, drink and sleep. I love you all (/p) <333