Introduction

"14 years ago...I had an affair with Lord Grantham. You are not Lady Grantham's child."

"We just want you to know that the whole of England will be yours someday."

***

Lady Darrel Crawley is the youngest daughter of Lord and Lady Grantham...or so she's always thought. When it is revealed that the Prince of Wales will be unable to produce the next King or Queen of England, Darrel learns of her true parentage. 

She in fact not the youngest daughter of an Earl. She is: 

Her Royal Highness, Elizabeth Darrel Windsor, the Princess of Wales.

With all the family drama, love triangles and the pressure of becoming the next Queen of England, how will Darrel and the rest of the Crawleys react? Will she carry out the role she was born to play? Or will she choose to run away from it all? 

One thing is for certain, everybody's lives are about to change. 

***

Hello Readers, 

Welcome to my Downton Abbey fan fiction, Princess Darrel Crawley. I hope that you enjoy this story.

- Writographer

Note about editing:

 I originally completed this story in July 2020, and I have decided to rewrite/edit it. The rewritten parts will have chapter banners at the top. If this is your first time reading the work, you might find a change in quality between edited chapters and non-edited, so please be patient. If you are reading this story again, you may find new descriptions, paragraphs and more, so be aware of that.