Lady Like

--- Your Point of View ---

He was every bit a gentleman when you got to the restaurant. It was your old fashioned Burger and Fry American type place.

You were happy that's where he decided to go, you hated fine dining that gave you so little food for so much cost.

He opened the door for you and helped you out of the car – then he opened the restaurant door for you, and when you were seated he didn't sit down until you had.

"Is this place alright?"

You were shocked at how uneasy he asked that, you gave him a genuine smile.

"It's perfect."

After a moment your brain had a brilliant idea, he seemed to like old fashioned feminine women, you were gambling he liked the typical 1950's housewife type girl.

And you also knew that back then women were often taught to not eat to much - less they be seen an unattractive and un-lady like. Yeah, no joke, that was actually a thing back then, many magazines encouraged women to eat before a date so to prevent eating a lot.

So what better way to turn him off than to eat like any normal human would and be 'un-lady like' in your food portions, yeah you were not going to get a small salad and water.

Time to be a badass modern women, and yes, you were hungry.

When the waiter came he ordered first, after he was done he made the motion to ask you what you wanted and you kind of ignored him.

You ordered for yourself and got a huge burger, fries and a baked potato – then you said the check should be split.

The waiter left he turned to you, his bionic arm draped across the back of the booth beside him.

"You should let me pay."

You gave him what you hoped was a confused look.

"But we are work collages going out to lunch right?"

He gave you the legendary stare, Vicky and others talked about this, the silent brooding stare, he the look he gave you made you a little bit uneasy – yeah the look was unsettling – but also startlingly sexy.

"Is that what this is, because I was under the impression this was a date."

"Is it?"

"Yes it is actually, and I'm paying."

His voice was dominating, letting you know there would be no further argument, and you were not about to go head to head with an ex hydra assassin.

You half wanted to say something about how thanks to the Avengers you yourself had personal wealth but you kept your mouth shut.

As if on cue.

"So do you have any family around here?"

Why did he have to ask that of all things?

"Actually, it's just me."

You saw sadness flick across his blue eyes.

"Really, I'm sorry, I'm alone as well, so I know how hard that can be."

There was something in his voice that made you take a little pause.

"Yeah I suppose you would."

"Thank you for coming to lunch with me, it's been hard to meet people, least of all women."

You gave him a smirk.

"Not like you gave me much of a choice in the matter."

"I like to take charge."

'I bet you do.' Your brain went somewhere thinking about him that it shouldn't, why on earth were you attracted to him?

At thinking about him like that you blushed.

"You look beautiful blushing like that, makes me want to make you blush more often."

You balked at that, you both were distracted when the waiter brought your food. You were happy for the distraction.