Chapter 1

September 1977

The sixth-year for students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was regarded by some as the beginning of the end of sanity.

N.E.W.T's were coming upon them, and then the future was open wide. Ready to throw out problem after stressful problem for their young selves.

Most of the sixth and seventh-year students were preparing to spend vast hours of their time in the library and with their noses burrowed in a book.

Everyone was slightly envious of the innocents of the first years when they came in through the large doors and stared in awe at everything while they were lead to the front of the room in preparation for being sorted.

It was now a week into the semester and the Ravenclaw Quidditch team's Captain was stressed about something other than the N.E.W.T's that he was going to take this year.

Royan Chase wanted his last year at Hogwarts to be the best year in decades for his house's team. Ravenclaw had been falling behind over the years, and now that he was captain, everything fell on him.

This is why he found himself pleading with three of his fellow house-mates at dinner to at least come to tryouts. If nothing else but to save him from having a nervous breakdown before the season even started.

Della Marcello rolled her dark blue eyes at Royan. She didn't care much for quidditch, but her friends seemed intrigued by the offer of joining the team.

"Chase, just tell me when to be there and I can maybe promise to show up," Alexander Lark said as he practically inhaled a plate full of food, a smirk set on his face.

Royan had bright visions of Della as a Chaser alongside him, Alexander as a Beater, and of course, Adelaide Harthwood had to be the team's seeker.

If Ravenclaw got stuck with Lois Hodges, bless her soul, they were doomed.

Turning towards the strawberry blonde girl sitting next to him, Royan pulled on his best puppy dog eyes.

"Please, Adelaide, you guys are my last hope of having a perfect season! I need you!" He frantically waved his arms around for effect.

Swallowing a bite of pudding, the girl in question glanced over at the Seventh year boy and said in an unsure voice, "I'm not sure, it's been a long time since I played."

Shaking off her worries, Royan smiled warmly at her, "You will be fantastic, I promise!"

Della snorted, "Plus, your dad happens to be the Seeker for Puddlemere United!"

"Yeah, you are more than prepared to play, Birdie," Alexander said with a large grin.

"Okay, if I say yes, then Della and Alexander have to as well." Adelaide nodded towards her friends.

Della huffed but shook her head in agreement. Alexander shoved another forkful of mashed potatoes into his mouth and mumbled something incoherent that everyone took as yes.

Royan ran a hand through his dark hair and smiled widely at them.

"We are finally going to win this year!" He cheered.

(*)     (*)     (*)    (*)    (*)

Remus wasn't pleased.

It had been less than two weeks into the school year, and James and Sirius somehow managed to get detention already.

"That has to be a new school record." Peter quietly said from beside the taller boy.

Remus grunted in response.

"Hey, it wasn't all our faults!" James Potter whined. "If Minnie hadn't been standing right there, we would have pulled it off!"

Sirius sighed dramatically, "What a sight the corridor would have been, such a shame!"

The two dark-haired boys snickered together as Remus and Peter rolled their eyes.

The Marauders quickly made their way towards the Great Hall, trying not to miss dinner.

As they walked to the Gryffindor table, Peter bumped into someone leaving.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you!" The poor boy stuttered, moving away from the person he had collided with.

When he met the other student's eyes, his breath caught and he swore that his heart sped up.

"It's fine I should have seen this coming, I never look where I'm going." A blonde girl smirked at him. Her blue eyes held his and her smirk grew into a smile, "You gonna just stand there staring?"

Peter could feel his whole face burning red.

"N-no. Sorry."

"Hmm." The blonde girl eyed him curiously.

"PETER!" James hollered from the Gryffindor table.

Slowly breaking eye contact with her, Peter quietly said, "Sorry again," before hurrying off towards his friends.

(*)   (*)   (*)   (*)

Della watched as the shy boy with beautiful blue eyes scurried away.

"Weird Gryffindors." She thought to herself, all while finding herself thinking back on his eyes.

"Are you alright, Della?" Adelaide asked as she came to stand next to her friend.

"Yeah, just fine."

"Alright, well, best get to bed since we have tryouts tomorrow." Adelaide sighed.

Della huffed again for the fifth time that evening before following her friend out of the Great Hall and up to the Ravenclaw Tower.