Chapter 19

Students at Hogwarts who got the chance to visit Hogsmead on the weekend or for special occasions knew that one was obligated by an unspoken law to journey into Honeydukes Sweetshop and purchase as much candy as they could carry and or afford.

Adelaide wished she was at Honeydukes right now.

Instead, she was standing in the middle of Melrose's Magical Witchwear with a continuously growing stack of dresses Della kept placing in her arms.

The tiny blonde had woken Adelaide promptly at six o'clock that morning and rushed her through breakfast and then dragged her, Wren, and Lily to the gates of the school so they could Apparate to Hogsmead.

"Della, don't you think we have enough choices here?" Adelaide whined, feeling bored out of her mind.

"My dear Harthwood! There is no such thing as having enough dresses!" Della said, putting her hand to her chest for dramatic effect.

Wren rolled her dark eyes from where she was leaning against the wall, watching them pick out clothes.

"Your obsession is beginning to concern me, and probably your bank account," Lily giggled from where she was looking over a silky pink number.

"Oh, darling! Don't go with that color! It doesn't compliment your eyes, and it totally clashes with your hair!" Della squealed, waving her arms around in the air frantically.

Wren rolled her eyes again.

"Oh, stop doing that, Gerrwick!" She growled.

The Slytherin girl smirked but didn't say anything.

"I think I have the ones I want to try on," Lily said, walking towards the back of the shop to the changing rooms.

"Yes, I think we have enough to look through," Adelaide said, with a pointed look at Della, before following after her friend.

"Fine!" Della huffed.

Wren trailed after them, a single piece of clothing in her arms.

"Okay! Here I come," Lily called out as she pulled open the curtain to the changing room.

She had on a lovely violet-colored, sleeveless gown that fell to her ankles and had a silk ribbon fastened around her waist.

"It looks wonderful!" Adelaide beamed.

"You look hot," Wren grinned at her.

"No, you cannot wear that! The shade doesn't suit you," Della said with a shake of her blonde head.

Lily twisted around in front of the mirror and sighed. "You're right. I don't like it now that I've seen it."

She went back in and handed out the purple dress.

Next, she came out in a white, puffy-shouldered gown that they all agreed wasn't for her.

The third time she came out from behind the curtain, the girls gasped, and then they immediately began to squeal happily.

"It's perfect! You must get this one!" Della exclaimed.

"Oh, Lily! You look absolutely beautiful!" Adelaide cried.

"Snape won't know what hit him," Wren said with a smirk on her face.

Lily's face flushed, and she looked down at her feet in embarrassment.

The wine gown she had on was off the shoulder and fell to the ground in waves of satin had enhanced her hair and made her green eyes pop.

"You really think he will like it?" Lily asked shyly.