Chapter 29

James and Lucius sat glaring at each other in the Transfiguration classroom.

"This is all you're fault, Potter!" The Slytherin hissed, holding a bloody tissue to his nose.

"If you hadn't messed with Harthwood, we wouldn't be in this situation, you blonde arse!" James growled back, a purple bruise starting to form around his left eye.

"That filthy little Mudblood -"

"Do not even think of finishing that thought, Malfoy!" James bellowed, standing up so quickly that he threatened to knock over the desk in front of him.

McGonagall just happened to walk into the room at the exact moment the bespectacled boy was preparing to throttle the boy next to him.

"Mister Potter! Would you kindly sit down!" She reprimanded him sternly.

James immediately fell back in his chair, too terrified of the older Witch to try testing her patience when he was already in trouble.

Lucius snickered at him.

"Mister Malfoy! If I hear another rude sound from you, points shall be deducted!" McGonagall snapped, effectively shutting him up.

"Now, because of the unacceptable actions that occurred in the courtyard, the two of you will be serving detention after classes every day until the Christmas break begins!" The Professor said, flicking her wand to send parchment and quills towards the boys. "It is my understanding that you are both struggling to keep up with History of Magic, so take this time to review."

"But, Professor!" Lucius squawked. "That is almost a month away!"

"Correct, Mister Malfoy," McGonagall gave him an unimpressed look.

"You cannot possibly expect me to deal with that imbecile for so long!"

"And you think I want to be stuck with you? Pompous arse!" James yelled.

"How dare you! Manky Gryffindor!"

"Manky - oh, you barmy ferret!"

"Wanker!"

"Daft Cow!"

"Take that back!" Lucius gasped, rage boiling in his every fiber.

"Bloody chance of that!" James snarled.

"ENOUGH!" McGonagall shouted in outrage.

Both boys turned to her with wide, horrified eyes.

"I expect more from a Gryffindor, Mister Potter! Now, as punishment for this outburst, you will both clean the bathroom in the sixth corridor of the third floor! And I expect for it to be spotless before dinner!" McGonagall said, squinting at them from behind her spectacles.

"But Professor -"

"Not another word, Mister Malfoy!" That was the end of their discussion.

They stood from their seats and scampered out of the Transfiguration classroom before some other form of punishment was thrown at them.

"Bloody hell! The third-floor toilet smells worse than the Stinksap Kettleburn keeps around!" James groaned once they were far away from the Witch's hearing.

"It is repulsive! I can not believe that I, a Malfoy, am being forced to slum it with the likes of you!" Lucius whined.

"Shut it, Ferret! The faster we do this, the faster we are done, and can get away from each other!" James said, sending a glare at him.

"Fine, Potter!" Lucius snapped.

*********

The older Witch heaved sighed when the large door shut behind her troublesome students.