Chapter 3

Dinner at Hogwarts was always a sight to behold.

Platers piled high with delicious foods and goblets filled to the brim with pumpkin juice.

Adelaide sat next to Della at the Ravenclaw table, eating a Treacle Tart and listening to Alexander's wild tails from his summer in Sweden with his cousins.

The three friends were enjoying their time together before quidditch season started up in November. Only about two months to go.

After Adelaide had been chosen as team Seeker, Royan had congratulated them on making the roster with flying colors. Della had rolled her eyes at his pun.

"I'm telling you, Wilhelm was burping up slugs for the rest of the week!" Alexander said with a laugh after telling them about how his young cousin's spell backfired.

The girls giggled.

"Poor Will," Adelaide sighed.

"Ah, he's fine! Ma and Aunt Kristen nearly fainted though!" The boy rolled his green eyes in amusement while talking about his family.

As they continued to laugh with each other, a red-headed Gryffindor and her raven-haired friend strolled over to their end of the table.

"Hullo, Adelaide!" Lily Evans said with a sing-song voice as she sat next to Alexander.

"Alright, Lily?" Adelaide greeted back before turning towards the shy boy standing next to her. Smiling she said, "Severus, how are you?"

Severus Snape gave her a small, awkward smile in return.

"Harthwood, fine, thanks."

She nodded to him and gestured for him to take a seat next to her and Della.

He complied and sat down, watching Lily with a look of pure adoration.

Adelaide and Della shared a knowing glance and stifled their giggles at how the Slytherin boy was so deeply in love with his childhood friend.

**********

Peter didn't know what to do.

He couldn't take his eyes off the beautiful blonde Ravenclaw who had captured his interest.

She was the epitome of gorgeous, and he had no idea how to approach her.

James was whipped when it came to Evans, and Sirius was the school playboy. Remus preferred books to dates, but he could still make any girl swoon with a simple wink.

And he, Peter, was a stuttering mess when it came to the female population.

If only he could be as sophisticated as Sirius or as effortlessly flirtatious as James, then maybe he could go over to the Ravenclaw table and sweep her off her perfect feet.

"Quit staring, Pete. Marcello might just hex you," The tall Marauder whispered to him.

"What!" Peter yelped loudly, dropping his fork in his pudding bowl with a clang.

A few Gryffindors turned to eye them curiously before going back to their meals and conversations.

"Relax, Wormtail!" Remus chuckled softly, smiling at his younger friend.

"I wasn't that obvious, was I?" Peter whispered frantically.

Shaking his messy brown head of hair, the kind boy reassured him that Della probably hadn't noticed anything.

Peter heaved a sigh of relief.

(*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

"Adelaide, is Pettigrew still watching me?" Della asked, well looking down at her plate.

Quickly glancing up towards the Gryffindors, Adelaide slyly peeked a look at Peter and saw he was indeed gazing at her friend like a love-sick puppy dog.

Holding in a coo of delight, she grinned and answered, "Yeah, he is."

Della could feel her face heat up, and she was shocked that it was caused by the last person she had ever expected to make her blush.

"He is kinda cute, isn't he?" She spoke so that Alexander, Lily, and Severus could not hear her say this.

"He seems very nice, shy, but nice."

"Yeah," Della breathed out.

Adelaide was watching her from her peripheral vision, but when she looked up again, her pale blue eyes were caught hold of by a pair of Hazel orbs.

She blinked several times, before looking away and asking Severus a question about their potions test that was coming up.

(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)*(*)

"Why does Evans always have to hang around Snivellus?" James growled while glaring at the Slytherin as he strolled with Lily into the Great Hall for dinner.

"Because," Remus said with a sigh as he rolled his eyes at his fellow Marauder's jealousy, "Unlike you, he doesn't seem to annoy her constantly, and therefore she doesn't call him things like "Arrogant toerag."

Sirius snorted into his soup.

James whacked him on the back of his head and glared at Remus.

"But, he's Snivellus!" The bespectacled boy huffed indignantly while crossing his arms.

"And you are a toerag."

Sirius snorted again.

"Hey, Prongs, Evans, and Snivellus are sitting with the Ravenclaws," Peter informed his friend.

Quickly turning his head towards the table draped in blue cloth, James saw his crush chatting with Marcello and Lark. Snivellus was nodding at something that Harthwood had said to him.

"Why is she talking to him?" He asked with a sneer.

"Who?" Remus turned his eyes once again towards the Ravenclaw table. "Oh, Harthwood."

"Why would she talk to him?" James repeated, curious as to why Snivellus, of all people, would be rewarded with the attention of two beautiful girls who were both obviously above him.

"She seems very nice," Peter spoke up.

Remus agreed with him, before saying in a voice that resembled an annoyed mother - "Just because she is speaking with him doesn't mean that you have to get all jealous, as you do with Evans."

"I'm not jealous! Would you stop saying that, Moony!" James squawked in exasperation.

Sirius stopped shoving food in his mouth long enough to say, "'Course you're not jealous! You're James-effing-Potter! You can get any girl you want!"

"Right you are, Padfoot!" The boys cheered victoriously as Remus rolled his eyes with an amused smirk on his face.

Peter smiled and went back to gazing at Della with wonder.

When James stopped laughing with his curly-haired friend, he glanced up, and his Hazel eyes met with a pair of stunning pale blue orbs.

He was nearly certain that his breath caught, and his heart raced.

A strange flutter erupted in his chest.

"Shit! I hope I'm not having a bloody heart attack!" He thought to himself.

When Harthwood broke eye contact with him, James potter was surprised to find; he was disappointed.