Infinity War Part 3

Ebony Maw was interrogating Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange was  floating horizontally, face down, and was surrounded by dozens of glassy needles, each about two feet long.

"In all the time I've served Thanos, I've never failed him. If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be... judgement." Ebony Maw says. The needles start to contact Dr. Strange's face, causing an obviously painful whitish subcutaneous glow at each touch. "Give me... the stone."

Tony was watching, hidden, from above. The Cloak of Levitation taps Stark on the arm. He raises his hand to it, ready to shoot, but he sees what it is and stands down.

"Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" Tony asks

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty...." 

Tony and the Cloak turn to face Peter, dropping down from above

"What the--" Tony starts to say

"I know what you're gonna say." Peter says

"You should not be here."

The Cloak moves to "stand" at Tony's side

"I was gonna go home--"

"I don't wanna hear it."

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way..."

"And now I gotta hear it."

The Cloak shakes its collar in sympathy and shrugs

"...And I kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here."

"What did you just say?"

"I take that back. And now I'm here in space."

"Yeah" Tony crosses to stand right in front of Peter. "Right where I don't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. It's a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend like you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through."

"No. I did think this through."

"You could not have possibly thought this through."

"It's just...you can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood."

He waits for Tony's reaction

"Okay. That didn't really make any sense, but you know what I'm trying to say."

Tony breaths shakily, realizing he couldn't beat Peter's Logic. "Fine"

Tony looks around. "Where's Astrid?"

"Up here!" 

Tony looks up and sees Astrid perched up on a pole. 

"Get down here"

Astrid flies down and stands next to Peter. 

"Come on. We got a situation" 

Tony leads Peter and Astrid over to a viewpoint on the torture below. Peter crouches down to study the situation, the cloak leaning over his shoulder. 

"See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go."

"Um. Okay, okay...uh..." Peter and the Cloak pop bac upright. "Okay. Did you every see this really old movie, Aliens?"

Astrid and Tony raise their eyebrows. 

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming 

Keep reading my little avengers, and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS

Assemble