ENDGAME Part 3

FIVE YEARS LATER

After Nat ended the meeting with everyone, and after hearing about Clint, she starts to cry as she tries to hold back her tears miserably. 

"You know I'd offer to cook you dinner but you seem pretty miserable already"

"You here to do your laundry?" Nat asks Steve as she wipes her tears away

"And to see a friend"

"Well, clearly, your friend is fine"

"You know, I saw a pod of whales when I was coming up the bridge"

"In the Hudson?"

"There's fewer ships, cleaner water"

"You know, if you're about to tell me to look on the bright side. Um... I'm about to hit you in the head with a peanut butter sandwich" she says as she smiles jokingly, and Steve does the same. 

"Sorry. Force of habit" Steve throws his jacket, then sits down on another chair, opposite of Natasha. 

"You know, I keep telling everybody they should move on and...grow. Some do. But not us"

"If I move on, who does this?"

"Maybe it doesn't need to be done"

"I used to have nothing. And then I got this. This job... this family. And I was...I was better because of it. And even though...they're gone...I'm still typing to be better"

"I think we both need to get a life"

"You first"

A camera footage pops up in front of them, showing Scott with his Quantum Realm Van behind him. 

"Oh! Hi. Hi!  Is anyone home? This is Scott Lang. We met a few years ago, at the airport? In Germany? I got really big, and I had my mask on. You wouldn't recognize me"

Steve stands up. "Is this an old message?"

Nat also stands up. "It's the front gate. 

"Ant-Man? Ant-Man, I know you know that. I need to talk to you guys."

_________________________________________________

Scott is pacing worriedly in front of Steve and Nat

"Scott. Are you okay?" Steve asks

"Yeah. I'm fine"

He struggles to ask about something. 

"Have you every studied Quantum Physics?"

"Only to make conversation" Nat says

"Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my...She was my..." He struggles to not tell the entire truth about their relationship. "She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there"

"I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years" Nat says

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't For me, it was five hours"

Steve and Nat share a quick bewildered glance

"See, the rules of Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving"

He walks over to pick up Nat's sandwich and bites into it. 

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asks