Infinity War Part 10

Thor is in the air, using Stormbreaker, (let's pretend that before the fight, he went with Rocket and Groot to get Stormbreaker. The hammer was ruined and lost with the ship)on the Outrider drop ships which are now retreating. He is having considerably more success than the Wakandan Dragon fliers firing on the fleeting ships. 

Wanda lands as she finally locates the injured Vision. 

"Are you ok?"

Vision flinches in pain before he can answer.

"What? What is it?" Wanda asks him

"He's here" Vision says with fear. 

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming" Steve says through the coms

"What the heck?" Nat says

Bruce sees the blue-black clouds of a Space Stone relocation just before Thanos steps forward and confirms this is Thanos. "Cap. That's him"

"Eyes up. Stay sharp" Stave orders

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist first- but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, renders him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place. 

Steve is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to stroke a single blow. 

T'Chala, armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharged violently. 

Falcon stoops, strafing the both Steyr pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubber and unable to sustain flight.

"Wanda. It's time" Vision says to Wanda

"No"

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone"

"Don't"

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We...are...out of time"

"I can't"

"Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

"I-"

"It's not fair. It shouldn't be you, but it is"

"It's all right. You could never hurt me..."

"I just...feel you"

Wanda extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone. 

Rhodey joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around and toss him to the side. 

Loki runs and summons his daggers running towards Thanos, but a red light turns the daggers to moths. Loki summons his green magic and blasts energy towards Thanos, but a small black hole sucks the blast in, and shoot it towards Loki making him go unconscious. 

Bucky runs in firing, and is punches away by the Power Stone

Okoye activates the Vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it; the Power Stone stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside while wrapping Nat in inescapable bands of earth. 

Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily. 

Wanda watches all this over one shoulder, and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort. 

Steve slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos' fingers unclenched. Thanos looks briefly impressed at Steve's efforts as he screames before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.  

Wanda looks over her shoulder again and sees Thanos approaching unopposed. She wings her left hand around to fend him off with a steam of scarlet energy, and pushes him back despite his blue-purple energy shield, but then he starts to make slow headway. 

"It's all right. It's all right. I love you" Vision says softly

After those words, the Mind Stone starts to crack. Vision's face is overcome by an expression of joyful peace, as the crystal fragments completely, a pule of pure yellow energy explodes from him, shuddering the trees for many meter around the center. Wanda's and Thanos' energy subsides. 

Thanos walks closer to Wanda. "I understand, my child. Better than anyone"

Wanda snarls. "You could never"

Thanos reaches down to presume to stroke her hair, as if in comfort. "Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all." He reaches forward, clenching the gauntlet, emerald filigree surrounding his wrist, making a gesture very similar to that Strange made when activating the Eye of Agamotto. In response, a bead of yellow light starts gathering in on itself as time is reversed and growing in size, solidifying into an intact and conscious Vision. 

"NO!" Wanda yells as she lunges for Vision and is swatted away. 

Thanos picks up Vision by the throat, lifting him to eye-level, and digs the fingers of his right hand into Vision's forehead, digging out the Mind Stone. He pulls it loose, and Vision goes limp and colorless. He tosses the lifeless android aside. Bringing his gauntlet and drops it in. The energy surge is much more than any previous, his torso is wreathed with iridescent static and he bellows from the sensations. 

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming 

Keep reading my little avengers and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS

Assemble