Infinity War Part 4

"Painful aren't they? They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..." Ebony says

At the "thump" behind him, Maw turns to see Iron Man standing there, hand repulsors ready to fire.

" ...Could end your friend's life in an instant." 

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more a professional courtesy."

Ebony Maw walks slowly towards Iron Man, beckoning very large, very solid metal objects to float behind him." You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies."

Tony fires a rocket from his shoulder which pierces the side of the ship to Maw's right and begins to suck everything out with depressurization, especially Maw and his large objects. Dr. Strange is pulled loose of his pinnings, loses the needles, but also heads for the hole, helpless to resist. The Cape wraps around his arm and an anchor point, but Dr. Strange's arm slips loose and he keeps going. Peter shoots a web strand at Dr. Strange with one hand and holds onto a piece of the ship with the other. It breaks, sending them both towards space when his Iron-Spider suit's metal arms brace him to keep him from being sucked out. Fortunately, Dr. Strange is still surrounded by the ship's atmosphere making haste to leave.

"Yes! Wait what are those?!" (WHAT ARE THOSE?! They're my crocs)

Peter crouches with his new spider-legs, and makes a mighty leap to pull them both back inside. Tony quickly sprays nanites onto the hole to plug it up. 

Astrid flies to Doctor Strange and catches him before he falls. She puts him on the ground softly. 

Peter lands on his new legs, retracts them, and finds the Cape "standing" next to him. 

"Hey, we haven't officially met." Peter offers the Cape his hand to shake. It ignores his offer and continues to Dr. Strange. "Cool"

Tony walks past Dr. Strange, shaking his head and with his armor retreating into its containment as Dr. Strange gets to his feet and becomes en-Cloacked. 

"We've gotta turn this ship around" Strange says

"Yeah. Now he wants to run. Great plan" Tony says

"No. I want to protect the stone"

Tony walks towards the expansive front view-port, showing a hyper speed/warp effect

"And I want you to thank me now. Go ahead, I'm listening" Tony says

"For what? Nearly blasting me into space?"

"who just saved your magical but? Me."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet"

"Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you to. I tried to bench you. You refused"

"Unlike everyone else in your life, I don't work for you"

"And due to that fact, we're now in a flying doughnut billions of miles away from Earth with no backup"

Peter and Astrid raise their hands. "We're backup" they both say

"No. You guys are stowaways." He waggles a ginger between himself and Dr. Strange. "The adults are talking"

"I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. Wh-- what is he, what is she,  your wards?"

"No. I'm Peter, by the way" Peter says

"I'm Astrid"

"Dr. Strange"

"Oh, we're using our made-up names. Um...I'm Spider Man, then"

"I'm Elementa"

"This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot" Tony says

Strange walks towards Tony. "Can we control it? Fly us home?"

Tony is lost in bad memories and does not respond right away. 

"Stark?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you get us home?"

"Yeah I heard you. I'm thinking...I'm not so sure we should"

"Under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's a stake here."

Tony walks over to Strange. "No. It's you who doesn't understand, that Thanos has been inside my head for six years since he sent an army to New York and now he's back! And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his but you saw what they did, what they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him. Doctor. Do you concur?"

"Alright Stark. We go to him. But you have to understand... if it comes to saving you or the kid or the Time Stone... I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't because the fate of the universe depends on it."

"Nice. Good. Moral compass. We're straight."

He steps over to Peter, he formally taps each of Peter's shoulders with the edge of his hand, dubbing him as is done at a knighting. 

"Alright, kid. You're an Avenger now"

Astrid hugs him. "Congratulations Peter!"

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming

Keep reading my little avengers and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS 

Assemble