ENDGAME Part 1

Steve was in the bathroom, holding a blade, having shaved off his beard. He sighs as he looks at the side mirror. It suddenly starts shaking, slowly at first, and then severely. 

Nat, Bruce, and Rhodey were walking out look at something, the ship arrived by Carol Danvers as she lands the spacecraft which Tony and Nebula were stuck on for 22 days. 

The landing gears deploy as they touch down. The entry hatch opens, and Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by Nebula. 

Steve runs to Tony to help him stand up. Tony grips Steve's arm as he joins him. (I love how Steve went to help Tony, and how Tony didn't even push him away, even after everything that had happened.)

"Couldn't stop him" Tony says

"Neither could I"

"I lost the kids"

"Tony, we lost"

"Is, uh...?" Tony struggles to ask about Pepper

"Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" Pepper and Toy hug

"It's ok" Tony says

Rocket sits down with Nebula and takes her hand, both silently mourning their losses. 

In the Compound, the heroes are sitting in a living room area. Tony is sitting at a table, getting blood for healing. A holographic casualty report lists the names and faces of those lost to Decimation

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth" Rhodey explains

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are tying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Nat says

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asks

"We don't know He just opened a portal and walked through" Steve says

Tony looks at a sullen-looking Thor, sitting on a bench, seemingly deep in thought. 

"What's wrong with him?" Tony asks as he points to him. 

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?"

"Honestly, until this exact second, I literately though you were a Build-A-Bear"

"Maybe I am"

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing. Tony, you found him" Steve says

"Who told you that?" He asks surprised. "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight"

"Okay"

"He's unbeatable"

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, ,anything?"

"Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't want to believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus."

Tony starts to seethe. "And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?" Tony stands, pushing things off the table with a clatter. Everyone winces at the noise. "I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all youse-"

Tony goes for Steve. Rhodey quickly come in front of him, trying to stop him. 

"Tony, Tony, Tony!" Rhodey says

"Alive and otherwise what we needed was a suit of armor around the world! Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedoms or not-that's what we needed!"

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?" Steve says

"I said, 'we'd loose'. You said, 'We'll do that together too'. And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the Avengers, we're the Avengers. Not the Prevengers."

"Okay" Rhodey says, trying to calm him down. 

"Right?" Tony asks

"You made your point. Just sit down"

"Okay"

"Okay?"

"Nah, Nah. Here's my point. You know what?"

"Tony, you're sick

"She's great by the way" Tony says, referring to Carol. 

"Sit down. Sit" 

"We need you. You're new blood. Bunch of tired old mules!" Tony walks right up to Steve's face, his voice hushing down to a venomous whisper. "I got nothing for you Cap! I got no coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust. Liar"

Steve loos affected by Tony's words. The old friends just gaze at each other. After a moment, Tony rips his Arc Reactor from his chest and shoves it into Steve's hand. 

"Here, take this. You find him, and you put that on. You hid"

Tony falls to the ground. Steve by his side and everyone starts to gather. 

"Tony!" Steve says, worried

"I'm fine. I..."

Tony falls into a heap, unconscious. Everyone surrounds him. 

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming soon

Keep reading my little avengers and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS

Assemble