The Gay Brothers

A few hours later, Callie and Liz were making costumes with Liz sketching the costumes

"Okay. Six skirts to make, each one big enough to support a full hood and a petticoat..." Liz said, "Hey, Liz?" Callie asked.

"D'you think Jesse might... Be interested in me?" Callie asked, "I dunno. Why don't you ask him?" Liz asked back.

"I'd have no idea what to say. Or how to say it!" Callie said.

"Has he ever had a girlfriend?" Liz asked.

"I don't think so..." Callie said as Liz brushed the cloth.

"Maybe he's just a late bloomer! He wouldn't hang around with you so much if he didn't like you." Liz said, "Maybe." Callie said.

"Or maybe he's..." Callie spoke up but stopped, "No, never mind."

"What? Gay?" Liz asked.

"Do you think he might be??" Callie asked.

"Nah, I think he's just super-shy." Liz said.

"My money's on his brother as the gay one." Liz said.

"Anyway, why didn't you ask Jesse to the formal when you were in high school or something?" Liz asked as she snipped the cloth with a pair of scissors, "Liz, a theater stage crew member can't ask a high school student to his own dance!" Callie said.

"Even though that would be awesome... It's just not right." Callie said.

"Who cares? You want him to take you? Just ask him!" Liz said.

"Ask who what?" Jesse asked.

"Oh! Ha ha! Nothing. Er, I mean... Something, but...I'll text you about it later, okay?" Callie asked Jesse, "Okay!"

"Jackass." Liz said.

That night at her house, Callie looked at her phone before picking it up to send Jesse a text,

TO: Jesse 

Hey... do u want 2 go 2 the bookstore w/me again sometime?

Callie closed her eyes before sending the text and laying on her pillow.

"Aaaaaaaugh!!" She groaned,

A few minutes later, Callie looked up from her pillow to look at her phone and no response.

Callie sighed as she knew Jesse wasn't gonna respond a few minutes later, this was something she wasn't looking forward to.