The Shantytown

For a long while, Wally journeyed through the dark tunnels glad that the monstrous dragon isn't stalking him anymore he was doing his best to keep the barge going, but thankfully, he had reached the end of the tunnel and stumbled upon a....village?

Sure enough, not too far away there was a pier connected to the makeshift wooden village

Sure enough, not too far away there was a pier connected to the makeshift wooden village. Wally passed by an observation tower where a single Oskie Bug was fishing. It looked up and waved at him, and he found himself smiling and waving back.

The barge continued forth just fine on its own. The moment it reached the pier Wally jumped right off and dashed away from it.

At least he was safe here....right?

Taking a look around, Wally saw several makeshift houses and looming structures, along with plants  and picket fences. Judging from the Oskie Bug he saw earlier, and the messages scrawled everywhere, he realized this was their home. They learned to make their own little town when they acknowledged that they'll be trapped down here forever.

Wally's heart ached as he remembered all of those Oskie Bugs he's encountered, recalling how hopeful they sounded when he comforted one of them and promised to help them. But he carried on.

Ahead of Wally, there were papers with handprints covering the wall, surrounding a boarded-up doorway of some sort. Above it was a banner that read "NOT MONSTERS". When he held the Seeing Tool up out of curiosity, the message changed to "ONCE PUPPETS, NOW FALLEN INTO DESPAIR."

Well...Wally's previous assumption was right.

They were just innocent puppets who have fallen victim to Charles' Voodoo-

"OOH? WHAT'S THIS?"

A shout made Wally jump and nearly drop the Seeing Tool, so he scrambled to pick it back up and stow it away as he saw the boards split in half. They fell one by one until a familiar figure stepped out of the darkness and into the light.

"L-Lizzie?!"

"COULD I FINALLY HAVE GOTTEN MY WISH?" She asked accusingly, pointing to Wally with her axe. "IT HAS I FINALLY GOT A BOY TO PLAY WITH!!! I'VE WAITED FOR SO LONG!!!"

 "IT HAS I FINALLY GOT A BOY TO PLAY WITH!!! I'VE WAITED FOR SO LONG!!!"