The Dress Rehearsal

A few days later, there was a dress rehearsal where all the cast members were getting their costumes and Loren was talking to everyone over the mics backstage while helping the actors

"I'm sorry, Bonnie -- Your skirt's almost ready, but not quite." Liz said working on Bonnie's skirt.

"Has anyone seen Justin's hat? It was in the room the boys are using as their dressing room..." Mirko asked while digging through a box of costumes.

Just then, West Redding coughed that made Loren take notice.

"Can somebody go get some cough drops, please?" Loren asked over his mic, "Am I still supposed to kiss him if he's sick?!" Bonnie asked.

"L.Q. 43, go." Loren said to Matt over his mic, "Go." Matt said.

"I dreamt we were together, but I woke up all aloooone..." West and Bonnie sang together.

During the scene with marching soldiers, West was singing his part, "They told me the south would be full of the past, but I didn't know it would become my fu--" He sang but stopped and coughed when Jesse ran to give him a cough drop.

"SFX-2, take 2, actors clear..." Loren said over his mic.

'Please, please, please...' Callie said to herself in her head as she pulled the string but the popper ended up shooting out towards her.

"Callie..." Wally said, "There's still two weeks! I can do this!!" Callie exclaimed.

And then the finale came with Wally and Rebecca clapping to the end.

"Aaand final curtain..." Loren said to Callie over her mic making close the curtain.

"L.Q. 132, go..." Loren said to Matt over his mic.

"Go." Matt said as he turned off the lights on the stage.

"That's a wrap, guys! Good job." Loren said to the entire stage crew.

"Now, for the bad news..." Loren said before being interrupted by Callie, "I can make it work, Loren, I promise!!" She exclaimed.

"Uh, no. Worse than a faulty prop -- We haven't exactly started selling tickets to the show before Wally comes back with our new stage manager." Loren said, "So starting tomorrow, we've got to help the cast promote this thing like crazy until Wally returns with the new stage manager."

"You can count on us, Loren!" Callie said, "Yeah!" Liz said, "Good!" Loren replied.

Later that day after work, Liz and Callie rolled the cannon prop to the parking lot where Callie's mother was waiting for them.

"Do you really think the cannon's gonna work, Cal?" Liz asked, "It has to." Callie said.

"What about you -- can you finish the costumes in time?" Callie asked, "Hopefully." Liz said.

"I don't know how you stay so calm under fire, Liz." Callie said as she and Liz parked the cannon into Callie's Mom's car.

"I'm not calm. I'm totally freaked out right now." Liz said, "Really?" Callie asked.

"Bonnie's skirt doesn't fit, Justin's pants need hemming, Percy grew two inches since his fitting, West's jacket is threadbare and keeps losing buttons, I forgot to iron Jessica's bodice before I fixed the boning and it's always wrinkled..." Liz said before Callie spoke up.

"Wanna switch places? I fix the costumes, you fix the cannon?" Callie asked.

"Not in a million years." Liz said as she and Callie drove off to their homes.

Later that night in her garage, Callie was busy fixing the cannon for the play

"Maybe I can shove some crepe paper ribbons into the cannon belly, too..." Callie said to herself, "And then rig it up to a really powerful fan?" She thought just as her phone ringed so she went to pick it up to see a text message sent to her.

FROM: Liz

Still up?

Go 2 sleep! <3

Callie sighed before she finally spoke up to herself, "I should probably go to bed."

"Or I could work for just a little longer..."

The next morning, Richard went up to his mom to tell her that Callie was still in the garage asleep causing them both to smile

As it turned out, Callie had been up all night working on the cannon for the play.