A New Beginning

The next day, everyone at the theater was cleaning up the formal in the ballroom until Wally walked in to see everyone making progress and finishing up

"Great job, everybody! We all have awhile before the next show so until then, enjoy your break before we can plan out the meeting location for Loren's retirement party." he announced as everyone cheered before leaving the room for their break.

Wally felt proud of himself for putting on a big show before his old stage manager retires but there was something else that had to be dealt with,

He exited the backstage through the hallway to it and to the theater auditorium to find out what it was.

There, he found Ruby sitting on the stage all by herself,

He walked up to her and just sat down beside her before speaking up.

"Hey." Wally simply greeted, "Hi." Ruby greeted back.

They both then just sat where they were until Wally spoke up again,

"I'm sorry, Ruby." Wally said, "I'm sorry for not listening to you about what was really going on in Halifax. I always thought I would be happy with a BMX Guy as my new stage manager but when I saw how much we did to survive and end the curse of DHX Studios and how much you learned about working in a theater, I realized I was wrong."

"I'm sorry that I blew up at you... And I'm sorry for being selfish. It was our formal, and it was silly of me to think you --" Wally spoke up, "Dad." Ruby interrupted.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing to you." She protested,

"However... It was you who told me to go after what makes me happy." Ruby said, "That wasn't quite what I meant..." Wally replied.

"So, you and Callie, huh?" Wally asked, "Well... Sorta..." Ruby answered.

"Callie still doesn't know if she's really gay. Or, I dunno, Bi, or whatever." She said again, "Really?" Wally asked.

"What does Justin and Jesse think?" Wally asked again, "Oh, they definitely think West likes her." Ruby answered,

"Well, you're a pretty likeable person." Wally said.