Into The Abyss

When Wally reached Level 14, he looked out and gasped lightly as he saw that the level was completely flooded with gas.

Not to mention there a familiar puppet slinking around, with a projector in his hand.

"Shhh... there he is. Fooful. Skulking in the darkness." Toodee warned over the intercom. "You be sure to stay out of his light, if you don't want trouble. Just bring me back the pieces I need."

As Wally tip-toed towards the steps, he saw the same projector-wielding puppet from before, pacing eerily from entrance to entrance, flashing his projector's projections everywhere within his viewpoint. Wally had to be smart about this if he wanted to find Ruby, destroy the puppets and DHX Studios, and get out of here alive.

Then he noticed another audio log on top of a crate, just outside the entrance of the abyss.

Seeing it, he quickly grabbed it and walked away with it and hid behind the corner.

"Who could this be about?" Wally asked himself quietly as he played the audio log and kept watch for Fooful,

"Now I'm not lookin' for trouble. It's just the nature of us projectionists to seek out the dark places."

"You see, I've learned the ins and outs of this here studio. I know how to avoid being bothered by the likes of this... company."

""That projectionist", they always say, "creeping around, he's just lookin' for trouble." Well trouble or not, I see everything. They don't even know when I'm watchin'."

"Even when I'm right behind 'em." Mitch Polk said on the log before it ended.

Wally's eyes widened with realization. Could Fooful be possessed with the embodiment of Mitch Polk? He has to be. Who else knows how to work the camera? Thankfully there were a few Little Miracle Stations for him to hide in.

While Wally collected the puppet hearts, he noticed that there were multiple projectors set up, all playing clips from various episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba!. He smiled a little, recalling watching those episodes with other kids, but he then shook his head, knowing he had something to do.

Once Wally had found all of the hearts, he found an idea. Turning a corner through the gas, he bashed some boards with his pipe until he found a pipe valve, which he turned. Exhaling from all that pressure, he climbed back up the steps and returned to the elevator to return to Toodee.

"Tell me, were they still writhing in your hands? Bring them to me now! I don't like to wait."

Wally was back at Toodee's door in no time and placed the hearts into the slot and wiped his hands on his jacket.

"It seems like you've reached the end of my todo list, Wally. I hope you've enjoyed our time together. I'll always treasure it. Return to the lift. It's time to for you to go."

But Wally wanted to see something first before he could leave. Wally climbed the staircases until he found the secret room which was flooded to the brim with gas earlier, but it wasn't anymore since Wally turned the valve on Level 14. Descending down those stairs, he found another audio log.

 Descending down those stairs, he found another audio log

Wally was confused. What was this one doing down here? He wondered if this still worked, even after being drowned in gas. Thankfully, it did.

"So, who could this be from after being drowned in all that gas?" Wally said as he played the audio log and listened to it,

"Only two weeks into this company and already it's gotten interesting. Michael is a man of ideas... And only ideas."

"When I agreed to start this whole thing with him, I thought there would be a little more give and take. Instead I give, and he takes. I haven't seen Hilda for days now."

"Still, someone has to make this happen. When in doubt, just keep drawing Steven."

"On the plus side, I've got some new characters for a new show I think kids are going to love." Another one of the founders of DHX Studios named Steven Graham DeNure said on the log before it ended.

Wally was quite surprised as he remembered Steven making this recording in his past. He was recently hired to sketch designs for new shows for the studio that day and he started seeing the exceptional part in Michael. How was he so blind? The working hours at DHX Studios have been painfully long, that Steven never had any time to spend with Hilda, whoever she was. Soon, Wally was back in the elevator. Wally breathed a sigh of relief as the elevator began its ascend. Glad that he'll finally get to Ruby, destroy the studio, and be out of here and away from this horrible place. Maybe he could bring Ruby along with him. But what will he tell his stage crew back home? It'll take some getting used to. But at least he'll be away from this haunted place and never see it again once it is destroyed.