Portofino

After a pretty good morning and a hearty breakfast, we docked at a little village on the Italian Riviera called Portofino. I buzzed with excitement because we finally reached Italian waters and Italy was a place I always wanted to visit. Naturally, Portofino was small but a luxury destination and it was also Mitchell's first visit. 

The village might have been small but it was certainly picturesque and colorful. The deep blue water complemented the famous pastel-colored homes that were viewable from the harbor. Everything was so radiant and pretty that I wasn't sure if it was a real place or a picture on a green screen.

Mitchell and I spent the early afternoon with a little tour of the colorful peninsula, we took a trip to the central square of the village and admired the pastel-colored, narrow buildings that were known as the symbol of Portofino. It was a warm spring day and I was surprised at the number of luxury branded stores that were situated in the narrow, ancient alley streets. 

"I believe I owe you something," Mitchell mused as we bypassed a Louis Vuitton store.

One of my hands was intertwined with his and the other held onto an ice cream cone filled with biscotti gelato. I stopped in my tracks and scowled at him. "Some items are irreplaceable."

When I picked up the items of clothing that Mitchell tossed aside the previous night, I was disappointed and upset when I found that the dress, I wore to the club was ripped. It wasn't a big tear but Mitchell was so rough with the zipper that he ripped the seams at the side, he didn't seem too fazed when I yelled at him for ruining my dress which made me even angrier.

"You have some nerve bringing up the dress," I added bitterly.

Mitchell shot me a look, "I'm telling you again, stop stressing over the stupid dress, I can buy you a hundred more of those."

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance, "I can buy myself another dress too but that's not the point." I licked my gelato and pouted, "I liked that one."

Mitchell chuckled and flicked my nose, "Again, I'm sorry for ripping your dress."

I raised a brow, "Are you really?"

Mitchell pursed his lips, "For ripping the dress, yes but for the events that followed, fuck no."

"Come on," he tugged on my hand, "Let me replace it with whatever you want."

I shook my head and took another lick of the gelato, "Not that it will change my answer but the dress wasn't of the same brand."

"I know but..." Mitchell trailed off and even though he wore dark shades, I felt his penetrating gaze on me. "Can you stop licking your gelato like that?"

"Like what?" I blinked innocently.

Mitchell sighed, shook his head, and reached for the corner of my lip where he wiped down with the pad of his thumb, "As if you're five."

Mitchell pulled away and licked the gelato off his thumb, "Such a kid."

"Right," I drawled and ran my tongue over my lips, "I forgot my manners... again."

"Would you prefer if I licked it like this?" I innocently asked and kept my eyes on him as I slowly ran my tongue around the circumference of the cone. I never dropped my gaze and licked up with slow strokes from my tongue before I wrapped my mouth around the entire half-eaten scoop of gelato.

Mitchell's Adam's apple bopped up and down and I felt his piercing stare on me as I sucked in my cheeks and released before I slowly pulled back which allowed the chocolate ice cream to coat my lips.

With my index finger, I wiped away the gelato over my lips and took a step closer to Mitchell, "Mmm so good," I ran my finger over his lip, smeared a little gelato over it, and slipped my finger into his mouth, "Go on, have a taste."