Kayak

I wasn't sure if the time Mitchell spent with me on our road trip traumatized him because I could've sworn, I saw a tinge of fear in his eyes as he stared at me. I figured he was being dramatic because even though we did some crazy things, in the end, the most fun he had in his adult life was with me... even if he refused to accept it.

"Well," I began, "how do you feel about a little cardio and getting me wet?"

Mitchell's brows knitted together, "Don't get me wrong, I'm more than ready for that but I have a feeling this has nothing to do with what it sounds like."

"Oh, but it does," I eagerly nodded my head like an excited kid.

Mitchell studied my features for a moment as he stood in a pensive state, "If I didn't know you, I'd believe that."

"Spit it out, what do you want?"

"I thought you'd appreciate it if I swallow," I smirked at him.

"Mila," Mitchell gave me a look that said he was not kidding around.

"Fine," I sighed, "While we were touring around, I saw some people kayaking and it looked fun so, maybe we could..."

"Kayaking?" Mitchell repeated, "You and I on a rather constricted boat, working together to get it to move?"

"Yeah," I grinned.

Mitchell pursed his lips, humorlessly smiled, and removed his shades, "I want you to think about this for a moment," he paused and it appeared as if he held back laughter, "Do you think we'd be able to cooperate as a team?"

I nodded, "Of course, it's like sex, except you'll be stroking something else that's wet."

Mitchell looked at me with a tinge of disgust, "Your choice of words still blows my mind."

"And to correct you, when we have sex, you actually listen to me... very obediently," he added cockily.

"Obediently you say," I raised a brow.

"Am I wrong?"

"Maybe that needs to change," I mused.

Mitchell stared at with a small smirk and the tone he used when he spoke sounded as if it was a challenge, "Try that."

What the hell does that mean? And why is the way he's looking at me turn me on? Forget it, Mila, focus on the subject at hand. Kayaking.

"Oh, come on," I gripped his arm and looked up at him doe-eyed, "Why are you overthinking? It looks like so much fun!"

"It is, but I can see us arguing over something stupid and we don't exactly have a great track record of arguing near water," he replied.

Mitchell did have a point, on two occasions we fell into the water because we were too controlled by our egos to stand down from a silly argument.

"If you don't want to accompany me, it's fine, I'll just do it by myself," I stated.

"You know I'm not going to let that happen," he responded and I grinned knowingly.

"Alright," Mitchell gave in and gestured to my outfit, "But you can't go kayaking dressed in a..." his eyes traveled down and then up again, "In a pants suit... onesie thing."

I furrowed my brows at what he just called my outfit, "It's a jumpsuit."

"Whatever it is, you can't kayak with that," Mitchell responded.

"I'm wearing underwear underneath this, no train smash," I pointed out.

Mitchell shot me a stern look and snorted, "Not a chance in hell of that happening."