Frustration

⚠️ Chapter contains mature content ⚠️

When I imagined myself walking into the yacht, I thought Mitchell would've been happy to see me or asleep. I would've crawled into bed beside him, he'd hold me, kiss me, and then we'd sleep peacefully. But I got neither of that, Mitchell was wide awake and looked the furthest from happy.

"Hola," I spoke softly and slowly entered the room. I felt Mitchell's hot gaze on me but was quickly irked when the stench of tobacco greeted me.

"Did you smoke in here?" My voice came out snappier than anticipated.

Mitchell's eyes were the furthest from friendly, he didn't respond with words but merely just stared at me. His posture was stiff and I could tell he was pissed off but now so was I. I was used to his temper so it didn't bother me half as much as the nerve he had to smoke in a bedroom I shared with him.

I stepped closer and waved my hand in front of him, "Are you mute or asleep with your eyes open?"

His eyes followed the movement of my hand before he slowly rolled them up to meet my gaze. I was not in the mood nor did I have the energy for his temper tantrum. "Mitch, I am talking to y–"

I was abruptly cut off when he gripped my wrist and with his eyes fixated on mine, he slowly stood up. I was forced to tilt my head when he towered over me, I was used to our height difference but for some reason, he seemed taller than normal and very intimidating.

"Where the hell were you?" He asked coolly but his tone was not friendly.

If he wants to play like this, then game on, Clarke.

I lifted my chin and stared at him squarely so he knew I was not affected by his alpha-male energy. "You didn't answer my question. Shall I repeat it and use simpler words this time?"

He glared icily at me and clenched his jaw, "Don't try to be fucking cute with me right now."

"Watch your tone," I squirmed my wrist out of his hold and turned on my heel to leave but Mitchell gripped my upper arm and spun me around.

"I asked you a question," he stared down at me through angry eyes.

"What is your problem?" I snapped. "You know where I was. I was with Leo and his family at their farmhouse which is just over an hour's drive from here."

"Do you doubt me?" I irritably added.

He took in a breath, "No, you know I trust you."

"Then what the hell is this about? I walk in here and you look at me as if I committed all seven deadly sins."

"I got here over an hour ago and expected to see you but only to find out you're not back as yet!" Mitchell's tone got higher and I did not appreciate it.

"I lost track of time, sue me!" I retorted and squirmed, "And let go, you're holding too tight."

Mitchell let go of me and raked his fingers through his tousled hair, "Fine, I accept that." His tone sounded more sarcastic than sincere, "But at least have the common courtesy to call or drop a fucking text!"

"But no, in true Mila fashion, you clearly weren't considerate enough to let me know that you're alright!" I understood his point and I was about to clarify my actions but he was on a roll, "One afternoon with Leo, and you fucking turn into him!"

"Fucking useless with communication devices!" he angrily spat and appeared as if he wanted to kick the couch but held back.

He blew this entire thing out of proportion and said things that only added fuel to the fire. I took in a breath and figured if I lost my cool, we were going to have a big fight and I did not want that – two angry idiots were worse than one.