Kiss it Better

⚠️Chapter contains mature content⚠️

When we got back to the yacht, I gave Mitchell a painkiller for his little injury, within minutes he fell asleep and I let him be. For as long as I knew Mitchell, he was not the type to take naps so I figured he was in quite a bit of pain because he slept for almost three hours.

Those three hours was the most alone time I got since I'd been in LA with Mitchell, the silence was appreciated but I missed his presence. I took a long shower and washed off the seawater from my body and hair. Thereafter, I assumed Mitchell might not have been in the mood to go out for dinner so I spoke to the yacht chef and had him prepare dinner for us.

It was already dark when I sat on the sundeck, sipped on green tea, and listened to the quiet sound of the ocean waves and distance music which came from the piazzetta that wasn't too far off. The silence was broken when my phone rang and a small smile crept on my lips when I looked at Faith's name that flashed on my screen. It was a FaceTime call, so I ran inside to the living room space where there were enough lights and answered.

"Mils!" Faith cheered and my smile widened when her face came into view.

"I hope I'm not calling at a wrong time," Faith quickly apologized, "I know you're like nine hours ahead but I figured it's still evening over there and thought I'd call to check-in."

"Relax," I told her, "Since when do you need to explain yourself when calling?"

Faith's hair sat at the top of her head in a messy bun, she wore pajamas and looked as if she woke up not too long ago. She rubbed her eyes and brought a white mug to her lips, took a sip of what I presumed was coffee, and smiled, "I know but you and Mitch are on a romantic getaway, I didn't want to disturb you guys."

"Screw him, he's disturbed us so many times!" Owen shouted from the other end of the room.

"If we were busy, I wouldn't have answered," I winked at Faith and she laughed.

"You look great," Faith smiled, "You're literally glowing!"

"Well, apart from a daily dose of Mitchell essence, I'm happy," I smiled widely and the look Faith gave me from the former part of my response made me laugh.

"TMI!" Owen shouted again.

"Oh please, Mitch and I used to hear you guys go at it all the time," I said to Owen and Faith's cheeks went pink, "Poor Mitchell even saw more than he should have."

A shirtless Owen appeared next to Faith, his hair was an awful mess and I didn't miss the red blotch on his neck. "In our defense, we always thought you guys were out or asleep."

"And we never used words like Mitchell e..." Owen trailed off and scrunched his face in disgust, "I can't even say it."

"At least he didn't spill any on the kitchen countertops unlike someone I know," I shot Owen a look.

"Alright, can we change the subject?" Faith interjected and added with disgust, "I just ate breakfast."

"Hmm-mm," I drawled with a suggestive grin, "I bet that's not the only thing you ate this morning. I see the evidence on Owen's neck."

"Mila," Faith drawled with wide eyes and a blush.

Owen flashed a satisfied grin as he draped an arm around Faith, "Anway, Faith's right, you are glowing. I don't think I've ever seen you look happier."

"Ugh, stop being so sentimental," I playfully rolled my eyes, "And tell me how's married life going?"

Faith sighed contently, "Blissful."