Corporate Sexy

⚠️Chapter contains mature content⚠️

As August arrived, the weather got a little warmer but also humid. It was currently Friday and I got off work earlier than normal so I grabbed the opportunity for some retail therapy.

"For a Patrik, you don't smile a lot," I mused from the backseat while I casually sipped on a smoothie.

It was around six PM when I was finally done shopping, I bought a lot of things I didn't need but would use. I got a lot of new outfits, shoes, some makeup, accessories, and little things for my apartment. After a stressful couple of weeks, the retail therapy did me well.

"I wasn't aware my named entailed a certain kind of personality," Patrik replied as he drove through Manhattan traffic. "Will Mr. Clarke be accompanying you back or will you leave with him?"

I was in the area and Mitchell was about to get off work so I thought I'd visit him at the office. Since the one night he stayed over in the week, we didn't see each other because of how busy our schedules were so I missed him.

"I'll head back with Mitch," I answered Patrik's question. "And when I imagine Patrik, I picture an innocent, warm, friendly, slightly savage person who values friendship."

"I see," Patrik mused as he turned onto the street of Clarke Corp. "However, not all Patrik's are animated starfish."

I was highly amused that Patrik caught onto my reference. "You know about SpongeBob?"

"No pun intended, Ms. Mila but contrary to popular belief, I don't live under a rock."

I laughed at Patrik's pun, I never knew he had a sense of humor and it was funnier when he spoke with a straight face.

"I have an eight-year-old daughter and it's tradition to watch cartoons together," Patrik wore the tiniest smile.

I grinned at his reply. "I'm sure that's the highlight of your day."

"She's the highlight of my day," Patrik's smile widened. "And we've reached your destination."

"Thanks, Pat," I politely said. "If it isn't too much to ask, could you drop my stuff off at the front of the apartment building? I've arranged with security to take it up."

"Of course," Patrik nodded.

"Thank you, I'll see you on Monday, enjoy the rest of your weekend," I smiled at Patrik as he opened the door for me.

"I've said this before, you don't have to get my door," I said to him as I got out. "And smile more, it suits you."

Patrik nodded. "Enjoy the rest of your evening, Ms. Mila."

"It's just Mila," I shouted over my shoulder before I made my way into the building.

My mood had lifted drastically, I felt more like myself in a long while. While work was still stressful and Nowak was a pain in the ass, I felt like a ton of weight had been lifted off my shoulders when the pregnancy test turned out negative. My period still hadn't arrived but I assumed it had to do with recently starting the pill or other factors like stress. I was just relieved that I was not pregnant and to be safe, I planned on getting an IUD to prevent another scare.

With a pep to my step as I made my way to the elevator. I'd seen Mitchell a few days ago but still missed him and wanted to spend as much time alone with him before he officially met my family the next day.

"Hey, Paula," I smiled at Mitchell's secretary.

"Hello, Ms..." Paula trailed off and quickly corrected herself. "Hello, Mila, how are you?"