I don't Know You Anymore

Of all the people I could've imagined seeing Leo with, I'd never have thought I'd see him with Mitchell's little sister, Kate. An array of thoughts and feelings ran through me, confusion being the prominent one. 

"Mitchy," Kate's voice broke my reverie. "What are you doing here?"

"Me?" Mitchell sounded furious, to say the least. "I should be asking you that question. What the fuck are you... wait a minute –" Mitchell gripped Kate's arm and pulled her out of the elevator.

"Mitchell," I scolded. I didn't care how mad he was, he had no right to handle his sister that way. I held his forearm and tried to get him to let go of her but he glared at me so icily that I instinctively pulled away.

"Mitchy!" Katie resisted but he was far stronger than her. "Let go of me!"

"Mitchell, let go," I coolly said. 

"I don't know what's going on here or how you know each other but let go of her." Leo glared at Mitchell. 

Does Leo have a death wish?

"How do we know each other?" Mitchell let go of Kate and took a step toward Leo. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

"Mitch, can you calm down and explain what the big deal is?" Kate coolly spoke. 

Mitchell was furious, Kate and Leo were confused and I felt stuck in the middle. Mitchell looked like he was ready to murder Leo and before that happened, I had to do something. 

"The big deal?" Mitchell yelled. "Let's start with the biggest fucking problem. What the hell are you doing with him in his apartment at this hour, huh?"

"Mitch." I gripped Mitchell's arm, in hopes to calm him down. "Let's maybe go inside and you can talk to Kate. This isn't going to solve anything."

"No, I will not go inside and talk about anything!" Mitchell pulled his arm out of my hold. He pointed at Katie. "You are to stay the hell away from him, am I clear?" Mitchell glared and pointed at Leo. "And you stay the fuck away from my little sister or I swear, I will ruin you!"

Leo stepped out of the elevator and took a step toward Mitchell. Before they stood chest to chest, I got in-between them and placed my hand on Mitchell's chest so he could step down. Neither seemed to notice me and instead venomously glared at each other. 

"Who the fuck are you to tell me what to d..." Leo trailed off and realization mixed with confusion dawned down on his features. He turned to Kate and frowned. "Sister?"

Leo glanced at Kate with a quizzical expression while she lowered her gaze and bit her lip. I was confused by her reaction too but it seemed Mitchell was set out for blood because he saw nothing but rage toward Leo. 

"You said your name was Kathryn Edwards," Leo directed the question to Kate. 

"What?" Mitchell glowered at his sister. "I thought you gave up that shit years ago. Why are you lying about your last name?"

Why does this sound familiar? I don't know if I should be more scared for Leo or pity Kate because she's about to get a long-ass lecture from her big brother.

"I..." Kate hesitated. "I just wanted to get away from the Clarke name and be... simple for once. Besides, it's not like I completely lied, I might be a Clarke but I'm part Edwards too."

Mitchell clenched his jaw and curled his fingers into fists before he took in a deep breath. "We'll talk about this later." Mitchell handed her his car keys. "Get in my car and wait for me. I'm taking you home."

Kate crossed her arms and scowled. "I'm not a kid, Mitchell. You can't tell me what to do or who to hang out with."

"Katie, don't push it."