Class Day

It was currently three-thirty in the morning and I stood in the entrance hall of my dad's house and watched Eric help Dave walk. I crossed my arms across my chest and shook my head, I knew if Dad saw Dave so wasted, he would've probably grounded him for life.

"Do you need some help?" Sober as a judge, Leo, offered Eric.

"I'm good, thanks," Eric politely said and I was impressed at how effortlessly he held Dave despite being the skinnier, slightly shorter twin. "You helped enough for tonight, I got this."

I warned Dave not to overdrink but just like almost everything I said to him that night, it went through one ear and out the other. I was glad that Dad and Mandy were fast asleep or Dave would've been in hot water for his current state – he was barely even awake and mumbled crap while Eric tried to get him upstairs.

"Thanks for the ride, Leo," Eric said as he approached the stairs. "Goodnight, guys."

"I'll be up in a minute," I called after Eric, and with a nod he made his way upstairs.

"What am I going to do about Dave?" I deeply sighed.

"He's a kid, let him live for a while before he has to adult," Leo shuddered at the last word and I couldn't have agreed more with him – adulting sucked.

"And don't be so judgy," Leo turned to face me with narrowed eyes. "You're pretty wasted too."

"Me?" I screeched in disbelief and pointed at myself. "I feel soberer than you."

"Hmm-mm," Leo hummed and dropped his eyes to my legs for a second. "Stand on one leg and prove it."

I scoffed under my breath, unwound my shoulders, slipped one high-heeled shoe off, and lifted the opposite leg. My eyes widened when the ground seemed unsteady and I wobbled, "Whoa," I yelped and quickly grabbed Leo's arm.

Leo chuckled, "So sober."

I glared at him, put my leg down, and pulled my hand away. "I'm just tired, it's late."

"Alright, see ya," Leo nodded and rudely turned to leave but I grabbed the back of his shirt before he could get far.

"¡Oye!" I pulled him back and he stumbled slightly before he turned to glance at me. "¡No puedes irte así!"

Leo raised a brow, "¿Por qué no?"

"Because it's late, stay in the guestroom and you can leave tomorrow," I earnestly said. Leo was kind enough to play bodyguard for me and my brothers, he didn't even have a drop of alcohol or dance, he sat at a table and watched everyone else get drunk.

"I'm good, I've driven during later hours," Leo said. "And I'll just crash at my parent's place so I don't have a long drive."

"No," I insisted and held onto his hand. "I insist, it will make me feel more at ease."

"Little narcissist," Leo muttered, "Making this about you."

I was exhausted and not in the mood to argue, I just wanted my bed. "Leo," I whined.

"Fine," Leo dramatically sighed. "But I want breakfast in my room before I awake tomorrow morning and not something lousy like cereal but breakfast for a champ, filled with greasy bacon, sunny side up eggs, hashbrowns dripping with butter, pancakes soaked in syru-"

"Stop," I gulped, the idea of all that grease made me nauseous. "Or I'm going to be sick."

Leo grinned widely and I knew he grossed me out on purpose. "Ugh, you're awful."

"Fully loaded breakfast or I'm leaving," he obstinately insisted.

"Fine, I'll let Nita know," I rolled my eyes.