𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO
"WE'RE BACK BITCHES!"
——
YEAR 2149

Nova stood by her small window in her cell looking out into space admiring the starts and earth that floated slightly below her window. While Nova was looking out her window arms laid out in front of her her cell door suddenly opened with two guards standing out the door.

"Prisoner 2-4-6, face the wall" He demanded and Nova furrowed her eyebrows and fixed her leather jacket. "What's going on?" Nova questioned and the guard scoffed.

"You are in no position to ask that guard killer" The guard grabbed Nova's arm and wrapped a metal bracelet around her wrist and started dragging her out of her cell. She saw multiple other kids being dragged out their cells, some fighting it and some yelling,

Nova see's her mom in a crowd of people and stops in her tracks. "Mom?" Nova questioned and she saw her mother's head pop up and rush towards her. Nova hasn't been able to see her mom in 2 years as the guards wouldn't let her see anyone or get small items brought in like a book or a notebook for at least a year.

"Nova.." Layla smiled kisses Nova's cheek and rubbing her thumb over her cheek. "You've grown so much sweetie" Layla says as her eyes fill with tears. "Where are we going?" Nova questions and her mom doesn't answer. The guards start dragging her into what looks like a room but turned out to be a ship and a small group of kids were already buckled into there seats.

Nova is slammed into her seat and quickly buckled before the guards leave. "Nova!" some girl shouts a couple seats down and Nova turns her head and sees Harper. "Harper.. hey" Nova smiles slightly but is shocked to see why she's here.

"Wait, were you arrested?" Nova questions and Harper sighs nodding her head slowly. Multiple other kids are brought blocking the view for Nova and Harper to see each other. Nova laid her head back in her seat as the ship began to shake and it felt like it was going down. Nova gripped her seatbelt and Jaha appeared on the screen.

"Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable".

"Your dad is a dick, Wells!" Someone shouts and Nova snickers in a laugh.

"Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. Your one responsibility is stay alive" Jaha finishes and he goes off the screen. The ship begins to shake and crashes down making the machine stop humming. After a couple minutes Nova unbuckles her belt along with a bunch of other delinquents.

All of the delinquents go to the lower floor where the door is and everyone is crowding together. Nova was able to be in the front and she stood next to a blonde girl who had her hair pulled back. Nova kept her hands in her leather jacket pockets looking at the boy who stood before all of them. He looked slightly older then them all and Nova thought she recognized him but she couldn't quite place it.

He places his hand on the lever to open the door but the blonde girl spoke up. "Stop. The air could be toxic" Clarke speaks up. "If the air is toxic, we're all dead, anyway" He states. "Bellamy?" A girl voice pitched in and Nova turned her head and saw her jump down from the ladder and make her way to the front. Nova eyed her and thought she was beautiful the way her brown hair laid on her shoulders.

"My God, look how big you are" Bellamy smiles looking down at her. "What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?" The girl looked at her brother and Nova placed it. A GUARD! He was one of the guards who would come in her cell and shock her with their electric sticks out of honor for the guard she killed.

Nova shook her head at the thought. "Where's your wristband?" The blonde girl next to Nova asks looking to Bellamy's wrist. "Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year" The sister says and Nova let's out a confused chuckle.

"Brother? No one has a sibling?" Nova remarks.

"That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor" A girl voice shouts out and the girl also known as Octavia lunges at Nova for her remark and Nova leaned back but she couldn't get to her as Bellamy pulled her back.

"Octavia, Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by" Bellamy says and Octavia furrows her eyebrows. "Like being the first person on the ground in a hundred years" Bellamy says pulling the lever down revealing the ground.

Green trees, bright sun, and leaves is what Nova saw as the door swung down. Octavia steps forward standing on the edge of the door taking a deep breath then finally stepping down.

"WE'RE BACK BITCHES!"

Everyone starts cheering and running out the drop ship. Nova stays in place smiling as she slowly walks out the drop ship with everyone running past her. She takes a deep breath smelling the clean air and stepping on the ground she will now be living on.

"Amazing right?" The blonde girl asked Nova releasing her from her thoughts. Nova looked over and gave the girl a smile along with a nod "It's crazy.. Uh- Nova" She introduces and the girl smiles.

"Clarke" Clarke introduces and Nova nods glad to have learned her name. "Clarke as in Griffin. Abbys daughter from medbay?" Nova asks and Clarke nods in agreement. "You don't look like the type to get arrested.." Clarke confesses and Nova cleared her throat and shrugged her shoulders "Get that a lot" Nova fake smiles then goes back to looking around.

A boy comes up behind Clarke, He has hair long hair and pale skin. He whispers to Clarke and has a small conversation with her when Nova notices a peak across the way when she's looking around.

"Hey.." Nova taps Clarke's arm "Is that a peak over there?" Nova questions pointing and Clarke squints her eyes slightly analyzing it before pulling out a map from her backpack scanning it.

"Something wrong?" The boy asks as him and Nova go over to Clarke who lays her map out on the higher part of the drop ship door. "That peak over there is Mount Weather. There's a radiation-soaked forest between us and our next meal" Clarke states and Nova looks back over to the peak.

"So.." The boy is still confused.

"They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain".