𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
"Are you?"
——

~PS. This chapter is a little long so.. sorry in advance 😬~

Nova kept her eyes closed and hugged herself trying to keep herself warm when she heard a loud clang from the cell. Nova opened her eyes quickly when Finn rushed to the cell and Nova realized it was Lincoln, the grounder they kept hostage and the grounder who stabbed her.

"Lincoln?" Nova questioned as she shivered and slowly to her feet and held onto the wall. "We have to go now" Lincoln demands and Nova and Finn glare at each other before shrugging their shoulders as this could be their only way out. Finn walked over to Nova and put her arm around his shoulder and started walking out with her and Lincoln.

They followed Lincoln the whole way and soon Nova got warmed up and regained her balance. They wandered through the woods until they ran into Clarke. A smile appeared on Novas face as she let out a breath of relief and ran towards Clarke wrapping her arms around her and Clarke doing the same.

"Nova. Thank god. Oh, my God. I don't understand how..." Clarke mumbled furrowing her eyebrows in confusion as she turned to Lincoln. "Lincoln saved us" Finn says and Clarke nodded her head slowly "Signal fire? That was you?" Clarke asked and Lincoln nodded.

"We needed a distraction" Lincoln says and Nova nodded "I say it worked" Nova chuckles softly. "Not well enough. Anya knows Clarke is not dead. We need to hurry. Let's hope they follow the horse" Lincoln says trying to sound hopeful.

"What do we do now?" Nova asks as she slowly lets go of Clarke's hand and looks to Lincoln. "Now we run. Come on. It's right up here" Lincoln says as he starts walking and Nova furrows her eyebrows. "Wait, Where does it lead?" Nova asks as she steps over a log.

"Everywhere. There's a tunnel to your camp. If we make it through, we should get there before Tristan" Lincoln says as people appear on the hill behind them and Lincoln starts rushing them. "We have to go. Go!" Lincoln shouts before Clarke, Nova and Finn run into the tunnel with Lincoln following behind.

——

While walking through the tunnel all you heard were stones clacking together or falling off the walls of the tunnel. "You were right. They didn't follow us" Finn says as they step over rocks every now and then. "Reapers use these tunnels. Tristan wouldn't risk running into them" Lincoln says and Novas eyes widen.

"I don't know who or what a reaper is but they sound scary so maybe we should turn around" Nova suggests as she turns around but Clarke stands behind her and puts her hands on Novas shoulders and turns her back around to face front.

"Lincoln, you're hit" Finn points out and Clarke goes to the front where Lincoln and stands beside him checking his wound. "I've fought battles with worse wounds than this" Lincoln says trying to shake it off but Clarke stops him "Were not in a battle right now" Clarke says and Nova scoffs "Yes, we are" Nova mumbles wiping dust off her pants.

"Why are you helping us?" Clarke asks and Finn crosses his arms "This can't be about Octavia" Finn says and Nova clears her throat softly. Lincoln doesn't answer and just looks away.

"Fine. Don't tell us. Give me your knife. Heat the blade. You might want something to bite down on" Clarke says as Lincoln heats the blade and hands it to Clarke.

"You people are so soft. If you don't learn to be more..." Lincoln says before he is cut off by Clarke placing the heated blade on his wound. "aah! What my people are doing to yours is wrong" Lincoln says as he wraps his arm up and continues walking through the tunnel with Nova, Clarke and Finn following.