𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT
"Acid fog"
——

Nova was outside talking with Wells "Do you know what's wrong with Jaspers wound?" Nova asks and Wells shrugs his shoulder "I'd have to take a look at flesh" Wells says and Nova nudges her head at Clarke who's holding it in a clear case.

"She doesn't exactly like me" Wells says and Nova furrows her eyebrows. "How come?" Nova asks.

"Let's just say I did the right thing but she doesn't know that" Wells answers and Nova nods her head slowly. "Come on" Nova says as she grabs Wells arm.

"Woah" Wells stops in his tracks "If there's a chance you can help Jasper your doing it" Nova says as Wells sighs and starts walking up to Clarke while Nova follows behind.

"Whatever this stuff is, it has to have had antibiotic properties" Clarke says while Wells and Nova are approaching her and Finn. "Let me take a look. Before you refuse my help, remember who aced botany in Earth Skills" Wells defends and Clarke hands him the case and he scans it.

"Look" Nova points out the red stuff with roots that looks almost like seaweed. "The Grounders used it as a poultice. I'm thinking a tea might be even more effective if we can figure out what it is" Clarke says and Wells nods his head handing it back to Clarke.

"I know what it is. Seaweed. Look... no root structure" Wells states. "Right. Well, then there must be a water source nearby" Clarke says and Nova nods as she used to take botany on Earth Skills. Did she ace it? No but she understood most of it.

"If it's seaweed the water source would have to have slow current and a bunch of rocks near it" Nova implies while Wells nods in agreement. "Yeah, The water would probably be more red than green" Wells says and Nova puts her hands in her front pockets of her leather jacket.

"I know just the place" Finn says and Clarke nods "Nova wanna join?" Clarke asks and Nova nods her head following Finn and Clarke.

"Hey. I know what this stuff looks like. Do you?" Wells defends and Clarke let's out a sigh before motioning Wells to follow and he does and the group of 4 make their way to the woods to find the water source.

While walking through the woods Wells and Clarke argue about being friends again and Nova overhears that Wells got Clarke's dad killed. Nova also remembers Wells telling her that he did the right thing but Clarke just doesn't know about it. All of a sudden a loud bang is overheard from Finn stepping on something.

Finn steps on it again and moves the leaves away revealing an automobile. Finn laughs out of excitement and Clarke is getting irritated.

"Come on, guys. This thing's been here a hundred years. All right? It can wait. Jasper can't".

Clarke turns away from the automobile and Nova and the boys continuing on her journey to find the red seaweed.

Nova and the rest of the group found a river that looks like a source that holds seaweed. They all stand in front of the river looking around not sure how to approach.

"Hey, that thing that bit Octavia, how big was it?" Wells asks and Nova widens her eyes slightly. "Big" Nova answers while Finn nods in agreement.

"We could rig this into some kind of a net. Find something to lower it into the water" Finn says and Clarke walks straight into the water.

"Or we could do that".

Nova chuckles as Clarke starts grabbing the red seaweed and then walks back to shore with it. A large flock of birds squawk in the distance and comes flying right for the group, they duck to avoid injury. Nova puts her hands over head and once the birds are gone Nova slowly stands up with the rest of the group.