𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
"To war!"
——

After the grounders and some sky people marched with Lexa and Clarke, they stopped for the night and set up tents while some people scouted the area. Nova sat down by the fire with Octavia while she sharpened her sword. She had just finished doing some training with Fio and Fio even made her new a jacket.

Nova couldn't concentrate much because what kept coming to her mind was how did Lexa and Clarke both get out before the explosion hit Tondc. Nova saw Clarke exit Lexa's tent and walk over to them. Clarke sat down next to Nova and Nova looked over at her and stood to her feet.

"Can I talk to you. Alone?" Nova asked and Octavia looked up from the fire and looked at Clarke with anger in her eyes. Clarke cleared her throat and stood to her feet and walked away from Octavia and went somewhere more privately.

"What's up?" Clarke asked breaking the long silence. Nova put her sword away and stares at Clarke and Clarke couldn't even look at her. "I'm going to ask you this one time because I just can't wrap my head around it" Nova starts off and Clarke finally looks at Nova and takes a deep breath. "Where we're you when the explosion hit? You went to get Lexa then you and her just... vanished" Nova finishes and Nova continues to look at Clarke as she begins to shake her head. "I'm sorry" Clarke says clearing her throat and looking at Nova.

"For what, Clarke please tell me you didn't know it was coming" Nova states and Clarke stammers over her words. "I-I can't" Clarke says dropping her arms to her side and Nova stands there in shock. "You let all those people die. Y- You were gonna let me die" Nova says pointing to herself. "No, I did it to save Bellamy. So that we could win this war. Don't you see that? If we'd evacuated Tondc, Mount Weather would've known that someone tipped us off. They would have found him" Clarke argues and Nova shakes her head.

"No, Clarke he would have never wanted you to do that. He wouldn't want you leaving his sister for dead!" Nova whisper yells. "I couldn't take that risk. You have to understand that" Clarke says and Nova throws her hands in the air. "Clarke, I don't understand anything you do. You kill my mother then leave me for dead in an explosion. I don't get you, Clarke. I thought I did but now.. I'm not sure" Nova argues and a tear falls down Clarke's cheek at Nova's words.

"You think because you're in charge now, and you decide who is disposable" Nova says as she walks away but Clarke quickly grabs her arm and turns her around. "You can't tell anyone. If people found out--" Clarke argues and Nova snatches her arm away "The alliance will break. I know, Clarke. I won't tell anyone" Nova says and Clarke nods slowly wiping her tear away as Nova walks away and stands next to Octavia who's by the commander. Nova looks Lexa up and down and Lexa stares at Nova.

"Nova" Lexa greets and Nova nods her head towards her. "Commander" Nova greets as she and Octavia start walking away to go scout at the guard post.

~~

Nova and Octavia are seen watching scouting by the guard post. "So, What was her excuse?" Octavia asks and Nova sighs standing up from sitting against the tree. "She did it for Bellamy" Nova answers and Octavia scoffs as she looks around. "Bellamy wouldn't ask her to do that. Coward" Octavia mumbles and Nova sighs as she rest her hand on the handle of her sword.

Ryder is spotted in the distance by Clarke aiming his arrow towards Nova. Clarke widens her eyes and quietly and slowly makes her way over to Ryder with her gun out. Clarke comes out of the dark with her gun pointed at Ryders head.

"Don't. Move" Clarke orders and Ryder looks over at Clarke with his arrow still aiming towards her. "I have my orders" Ryder argues and Clarke shakes her head. "I don't care. You are not killing her. Let's go" Clarke says as Ryder puts his arrow away and starts walking in front of Clarke.

It was now the next morning and Nova and Clarke were helping put the fire out when a flare blared in the distance. It gained the attention of everyone at the camp site. Nova and Octavia looked to each other knowing that was Bellamy's signal.

Everyone called Lexa and Clarke out the tent to see the signal. Clarke and Lexa rushed out the tent and smiles lit on there faces when they seen the flare in the sky. "Bellamy did it" Nova says as she walks over to Clarke and stands next to her.

"You were right to have faith in him. Now we fight" Lexa says looking to Clarke who smiles. "Teik em laud tromon-de!" Lexa shouts (sound the horn!) and everyone cheers as the horn is sounded. Nova claps her hands and cheers.

"To war!".

~~

The group was now marching to war. Some grounders we're on horses and some were on foot including Nova. While walking Nova admired her surroundings. She wondered what it would be like living out here in the woods alone. Peace and quiet. Nothing to worry about. No one to worry about but yourself.

"Nova" Clarke greets as she walks up beside her escaping Nova from her thoughts. "Oh, Hey" Nova greets as she continues to walk. "Uh- I placed you and Octavia in the rear guard, where you'll both be safe so you won't be in the mines with Indra" Clarke starts off and Nova turns to her and shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, what? I don't take orders from you" Nova states and Clarke sighs. "Nova, I'm trying to keep you safe. You all safe" Clarke adds and Nova sighs. "I don't take orders from you" Nova says as she looks forward and continues walking.

"When will you stop being such a brat?" Clarke asks and Nova looks over at Clarke. "When you stop making dumb excuses for bad decisions" Nova answers. "So, I'll fight this war with you now because I want our people back. But after that... I don't know" Nova finishes as she starts walking ahead of Clarke and finds herself next to Fio.

Fio looks Nova up and down as they walk together. "You're upset" Fio says and Nova looks up at him and shakes her head. "I'm fine. Ready to get this damn war over with" Nova mumbles and Fio sighs.

"You're upset they knew about the missile" Fio states and Nova looks up at him in shock that he knew. "I hear things" Fio whispers and Nova clears her throat. "Yeah, I'm a little upset. Fio they were going to let us die" Nova whispers and Fio shrugs his shoulders. "Lexa's a great Commander because she's ruthless and to be far they did nothing it was the mountain men" Fio explains and Nova slowly nods her head. "But in some way it's wrong" Nova explains and Fio shakes his head disagreeing.

"No, Nova that's war" Fio finishes before he lets out a battle cry and puts his sword in the air along with the group of grounders. Fio looks down at Nova and nods his head towards her. Nova smiles slightly and takes her sword out her weapons belt and puts it up in the air letting out a battle cry as well.