𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
"Blame Game"
——

After they found Jaha they went back to camp. Everyone gathered outside and waited for Chancellor Abby to come out with more information. Nova, Clarke and Finn stood by each other. Nova's mother was with Abby helping make decisions since they became good friends up on the Ark.

Once Abby, Layla and Jaha came outside and stood in front of their people. All eyes were on them.

"By now, you've all heard the rumor" Abby speaks up then pauses for brief moment looking around in the crowd. "And unfortunately, it's true. The Grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we are discussing all options" Abby confesses making some people gasp in the crowd.

"But to be safe, you need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice" Jaha interrupts making Clarke and Nova look to each other as they hear what Jaha is saying.

"Where will we go?" A skeptical man ask out loud.

"I don't know, is the answer. But I heard of a place... a city of light. It's across the Dead Zone" Jaha answers honestly.

"What makes you think we'll get there?" The skeptical man asks again.

"Because we got here. I have faith. And right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me" Jaha states and Nova shakes her head. "Not for us" Clarke speaks up surging forward to the conversation. "If we leave, what happens to our people in mount weather?" Clarke asks earning nods from people in the crowd.

"As your mother said, that is a very difficult decision to make. but the time has come for each and everyone of us to ask. " is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow? because if we're not gone, by the time that sunrises, that is exactly what will happen" Jaha states walking back and fourth while talking.

"No decision's have been made. In the meantime please report to your station supervisor, and gather emergency supplies" Layla speaks up for Abby and Abby nods in agreement causing everyone to do as she says. Bellamy comes up behind Nova and Clarke.

"Bellamy" Nova says as she sees him. "Where have you been?" Clarke asks and he sighs "In the drop ship. You need to come back with me right now" Bellamy states and Nova furrows her eyebrows.

"Is everything okay?" Nova asks and Bellamy clears his throat. "I'll explain on the way. Bring your mwe kit and meet me by Raven's gate" Bellamy says as he walks away.

"Nova, you can come with me. Finn—" Clarke says and Finn shakes his head. "Go with Bellamy. Your mom said no decision has been made. If that changes I'll let you two know" Finn says and Clarke hurries in the drop ship and grabs her Med Kit and meets Nova outside. As there walking to Raven's gate Layla calls out Nova's name.

Nova and Clarke stop in place and Nova closes her eyes and sigh. "Just go. If I can make it there I will" Nova says telling Clarke to go. "Nova, I don't want you walking out alone if you do come back" Clarke says and Nova shakes her head.

"Go. I'll be fine. I promise" Nova says holding Clarke's hand. Clarke sighs and starts walking away as Layla gets closer and closer to Nova. "Hey, Sweetie" Layla greets and Nova turns around and smiles at her mom. "Hi, mom" Nova greets as her mom puts her hand out and traces all the scratches on Nova's face. "Mom, I'm fine" Nova says moving her mom's hand away.