𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR
"We're not alone"
——

After finding the deer they decided to find their way back to Mount Weather when they spotted a lake. Nova noticed Octavia sneaking away from the group while Finn and Clarke had a conversation. Octavia grabbed Nova's arm and started dragging her towards the lake.

"Octavia, what are you doing?" Nova laughs removing her other hand from her pocket. "Swimming" Octavia smiles as she starts to remove bits of her clothing till she's in her tank top and black panties.

Octavia grabs Nova's hand using her as support to get on the rock. "Oh! Holy..." Nova hears Monty get distracted by Octavia on the rock.

"Octavia, what the hell are you doing?" Clarke asks as Octavia smirks before diving into the water leaving a splash that gets water on Nova. "Octavia! We can't swim" Monty says as the group runs over and Octavia appears out the water, hair wet and slicked back "But we can stand. Ha ha ha!" Octavia jokes throwing her hands in the air playfully.

"Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here" Clarke says pulling out her map. "Well, there is. So take off your damn clothes" Finn says and Nova hears splashes in the water but in the distance and she notices Jasper hears it too. Nova stands next to Jasper then looks to him before looking down at Octavia having the time of her life in the water.

"Octavia.. I think you should get out the water" Nova suggests and Octavia scoffs "Why?" Octavia questions smacking her hands in the water. "Octavia get out! Get out the water!" Nova and Jasper scream in unison.

Octavia turns around and she is pulled underwater causing splashes. "Octavia!" Nova yells bending down on the rock. "What the hell is that? We have to help her. What are you gonna do?" Monty questions slightly panicking.

"Maybe, not get eaten" Nova sighs standing up from the rock as Octavia comes up from the water screaming. "If we distract it, it might let her go" Clarke states as she grabs a rock and throws it across the lake and Octavia comes up.

"It let her go. Octavia get to shore" Nova says stepping in the lake to her knees dragging in Octavia and her landing on top of Nova. Octavia let's out some coughs while gripping Nova's jacket "T-Thank you" Octavia says breathlessly and Nova looks down at Octavia's thigh.

"Your bleeding" Nova states as Clarke breaks off a piece of her shirt and wrapped it around Octavia's bleeding leg.

~~

Nova had helped Octavia get dry and Clarke found a rope that led to the other side of the lake and that was the way to mount weather so they got rope set up to swing over and Finn decided to go first but he was stalling.

"Aren't you the one who wanted to go first. Now quit stalling" Nova jokes and Finn leans his back in laughter. "Mount Weather awaits space walker" Octavia says and Nova let's out a chuckle.

"Just hang on till the apogee, and you'll be fine" Jasper says and Nova furrows her eyebrows. "Today, Finn" Clarke snaps her fingers and before Finn swings Jasper stops him.

"What?" Finn questions and Jasper clears his throat "Let me go. I can do it" Jasper says and Finn nods his head jumping down from the rock and handing the rope to Jasper. Jasper looks down at Nova and Octavia when they both wink at him playfully letting his confidence boost.

"See you on the other side. Ha ha!" Jasper shouts as he lifts himself up and swings himself to the other side. Jasper stands up with his arms in the air in excitement "Whoo! Yeah! We are apogee! Yeah!" Jasper screams out and everyone claps or cheers.

"Go Jasper!" Nova chuckles as she claps her hands. "Let's go, Princess. You're up" Finn says as he helps Clarke up on the rock.

"Come on, Clarke! You got this! Whoo! Apogee! We did it! Mount Weather! Whoo! Whoo!" Jasper screams out before a spear comes out of nowhere and slams into Jaspers chest.

"Jasper!" Nova screams out worried as Finn helps Clarke down from the rock. "No.. Jasper" Clarke says panicking as Nova looks around "Nova.. hey come on" Clarke says as she grabs Nova's hand and hides her behind the rock with her.

Nova lets out shallow and uneven breaths while looking around and sees nothing but she knows one thing...

"We're not alone".

"We have to get out of here" Clarke says helping Nova stand to her feet. "What about Jasper?.." Nova questions as Clarke holds Nova's hand and begins running into the woods with the rest of the group.

"We have to go. Now!" Clarke shouts "Monty. Come on!" Octavia shouts as the whole group is running through the woods to make it back home but Monty falls to the ground and the group stops. Clarke and Nova look down at their hands and Nova slowly slides her hand away from Clarke and looks down at where Monty fell and sees a human skull but it almost wasn't human.

"Who are these people?" Octavia questions as Finn raises the skull. "What are they?" Nova scoffs taking a sigh after their run and hears a distant scream.

"Jasper?" Monty wonders.

"He's alive" Clarke says as she starts running away towards the sound. "Clarke! Wait wait!" Nova says as her and group follow her but Clarke stops in her tracks making Nova ram into her but not to hard and Clarke throws her arms back and catches her. Nova sends her a smile before looking at the ground.

"He was right there" Finn says looking down at the dragged blood on the grass. "Where is he?" Monty asks worriedly.

"They took him".