𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY
"Make them!"
——

Tondc is in ruins because of missile, many are dead and the injured are being tended to by Abby. Nova and Fio made sure the coast was clear and ran over to taken cover with Octavia.

"I need a medic!" Nyko screams as Abby rushes over quickly and takes a look at the injured women in front of her. "She's still alive" Abby says as Nova lifts her head to see where the shots are coming from and a shot flies right past her head making her duck again.

"Abby! Abby!" Nova shouts and Abby looks up at Nova. "W-Where's Clarke?" Nova asks eyes starting to get watery and Abby shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know, Nova" Abby says calmly and Nova notices thinking it's weird until Lincoln looks down the giant hole filled with rocks and listens in.

"I think someone's down there" Lincoln says and Nova turns her head. "Abby. I'm sure Clarke's ok, we'll find her." Octavia reassures and Abby smiles slightly and Nova watches then looks away from her. Nova looks around and spots Indra lied down on the ground. "Lincoln! Look!" Nova shouts and points to Indra. "Octavia! She's alive. Indra!" Lincoln shouts as he rushes over but Indra stands up herself and is hit by the sniper and collapses once more.

"Indra!" Nova and Octavia shout as Lincoln drags Indra over for cover. Nyko breathes heavily and looks at Indra's wound. "Lincoln, you must stop the bleeding" Nyko suggests and Nova nods. "Yeah, apply pressure to it" Nova says and Lincoln nods applying pressure to Indra's wound. Indra pushes Lincoln's hand away and shakes her head as she doesn't want him helping her.

"What do we do? No!" Octavia asks but is quickly cut off by someone jumping out of cover and the man is shot in the head, collapsing on the ground dead.

"We're trapped" Nova says as she looks around. "I say we use this one to draw fire" Atohl suggests pointing to Nova. "She's weak" Atohl finishes and Nova squints her eyes looking at him. "Hey! No, we're not using anybody" Fio defends and Atohl shakes his head.

"They are the bringers of death" Atohl argues and Nova rolls her eyes as she sees Abby looking down at the whole and her eyes widen. "Somebody's down here!" Abby shouts.

Abby is still trying to get into the ruins to look for survivors and Nyko applies pressure to Indra's wound. "What're we gonna do we can't move" Fio states looking to Lincoln. "I'm going for the shooter. I'll sound the horn when it's done" Lincoln states and Fio and Nyko nod there heads.

"What about us?" Nova asks and Indra looks over to them. "This is my village, You two are my warriors, save our people" Indra orders and Nova and Octavia shakes their heads slowly. "They won't listen to us Indra"  Nova states and Indra coughs harshly.

"Make them" Indra says before Lincoln starts taking Indra away to a safer location. "Alright, We have to do something!" Octavia says and Nova nods in agreement. "Thanks, Skygirls but there's nothing we can do until the sniper is dead" Caris one of Indra's seconds states and Nova and Octavia shrugs their shoulders as smoke and flames fill the air.

Octavia, Nova and Indra's seconds are still pinned down by the sniper. "We can't wait anymore, our people are dying down there" Atohl argues and Nova sighs. "Look, If we can get to the crater, we can tunnel in from the side" Nova points and Octavia looks and nods her head agreeing and looking around on the ground.

"There's no cover" Caris argues and Nova sighs then looks to Atohl. "I'll do it" Atohl says and Nova smiles nodding her head and gripping her sword in her hand. "Any other bad ideas?" Caris asks and Octavia looks over at him. "Just one".

Octavia then tosses a bottle of alcohol towards a flame igniting it and blocking the view of the sniper. Nova and Octavia run towards the rubble getting shot at but they quickly duck and make it to where they need to be. Everyone. Caris, Atohl, and Fio come over one by one.

"Now what, Skygirls?" Caris asks breathing heavily and Nova sighs once everyone is across. "Now we dig and stay low" Nova says as she and the group begin begin digging through the rubble.

After awhile they still dig through the rubble and are inside the ruins but barley. Sweat beans off Nova's forehead and dirt lands in Nova's hair and face. "It's no use" Caris says stopping and sitting down but staying low.

"I know. But we have to keep trying. We can do this" Nova encourages as Caris puts her hand up. "Wait, listen" Caris says and Nova stops digging and listens hearing a horn. Caris, Nova and Octavia run out the ruins and listen to the horn. "Lincoln. He did it" Octavia breathes out looking over at Nova and smiling.

"We still can't get them out" Caris argues and Octavia furrows her eyebrows. "Wanna bet? Get back in there" Octavia says and Caris shakes her head and goes back to the ruins and continues digging.

After a while they've gotten pretty far. "Skypeople!" Someone shouts and Nova, Octavia and Caris rush out the ruins and climb up the small hill, Octavia grabbing Nova's hand and helping her up. Nova sees Jackson and Sinclair walk over and Nova puts on a smile.

"We saw the missile, heard the blast, figured you could use some help" Sinclair says carrying medical supplies and Nova nods. "Just in time. Thank you. Alright, I need everybody on that rope!" Octavia orders and everyone starts getting back to work.

"This way" Nova says making Sinclair and Jackson follow her. "We've got two survivors. Abby! Kane! We'll get you out of here" Nova shouts down making sure they hear her. Kane is then carried out on a stretcher, Octavia drapes a blanket over him. She then notices Lincoln and goes to embrace him. Nova sees Clarke and Lexa appear next to Lincoln and Nova let's out a large breath she was holding in.

"Heda! Heda! Heda! Heda! Heda!" Everyone chants as they see Lexa. "What happened here will not stand. The Mountain will fall, the dead will be avenged!" Lexa shouts making people around cheer and clap. Nova stands up and runs over to Clarke hugging her tightly.

"Clarke!" Nova shouts out and Clarke returns the hug and sinks her face in her neck. "Nova, Are you okay?" Clarke asks as she pulls away from the hug and rubs the dirt off Nova's cheeks.

"I'm alright. Where were you?" Nova asks and Clarke just looks at Nova. Nova's smile slowly fades as Clarke steps away from Nova walks past her to see her mother. Nova looks over at Lexa who side eyes her as she speaks to someone.

"Nova" Indra calls out and Nova looks over at Indra and clears her throat walking over to her. "You have done well Octavia and Nova of the Skypeople, today you saved lives, tomorrow you will take them. Now get my gear, we leave with the commander" Indra says and Nova and Octavia nod as they walk away to go and grab Indra's gear.

Once everyone was ready for the war and Clarke and Lexa began leading them all into battle to get back there people.