𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
"I. Love. You"
——

Nova and Octavia reach tunnels of the mountain and a alarm is blaring and red lights beam every corner. Nova and Octavia watch their surroundings with there swords out prepared to fight when suddenly a bloody and battered body drops down from one of the chutes. Nova and Octavia watch in amusement and disgust.

Nova shakes her head and looks forward when she hears someone coming down the tunnels prepared to defend themself they hold there swords tightly. But the only one who comes running around the corner is Clarke. Nova rushes to Clarke and hugs her.

"Nova! Octavia!" Clarke breaths out as she hugs Nova tightly. "You both stayed?" Clarke questions and Nova pulls away from the hug allowing Octavia to get a hug also. "Screw you. Of course, We stayed. We know where my loyalties lie" Octavia states and Clarke smiles at both of them and grabs Nova's hand secretly. She slowly lets go and clears her throat.

"We have to get in there" Clarke says referring to inside the mountain with their people. "If that was possible, do you think I'd still be out here? Why did Lexa sound the retreat?" Octavia asks and Clarke sighs shaking her head disappointed in Lexa. "She made a deal with Mount Weather, freed the Grounders, and now we're on our own" Clarke answers as she bangs loudly on the metal intake door getting angry.

Nova grabs Clarke's shoulder and slowly moves her away from the door. "They'll know we're here. Just calm down" Nova reassures and Clarke takes a deep breath while looking at Nova for comfort. Nova looks back and a slightly smile appears on her face. Even after everything Nova's feeling haven't changed but she would never admit them first. Not now.

After Clarke calmed down she raises her gun, aiming at the keypad on the door, but Octavia stops her. "Okay, What are you doing?".

"I am getting through that door" Clarke states looking Octavia. "And that's your plan? Bellamy's counting on you. Everyone's always counting on you" Octavia says applying more pressure to Clarke. "Well, what do you want from me?" Clarke asks as her eyes fill with tears.

"Alright, lets just find a new way in" Nova suggest but Octavia doesn't stop. "You trusted Lexa. You let a bomb drop on Tondc. You let all those people--" Octavia says naming everything and a tear rolls down Clarke's cheek and Nova sighs in the middle of the argument. "I am doing the best I can!". "Yeah? Well it's not good enough!".

"Enough!" Nova shouts looking to Nova as the door keypad beeps, and Clarke raises her gun again as the door opens and Bellamy emerges. Nova, Clarke and Octavia look at him with wide eyes and Octavia hugs Bellamy, and he wraps his arms around her but smiles at Clarke and Nova when Jasper and Monty also come through the door.

"I knew it. You two are too scrawny to drill" Octavia greets them jokingly and gives them both a hug. Jasper and Monty both spot Clarke and quickly run to give her a hug. Jasper and Monty then look over at Nova and clear there throats. "Nova, we're really sorry. For everything. We just thought this place was different" Monty speaks up and Nova nods her head slowly not keeping her gaze on them. "Yeah, I totally understand" Nova lies and clears her throat.

"Who's that?" Nova questions as she spots a girl in a hazmat suit walk in. "It's all right. She's with us" Jasper defends stepping in front of her. "This is Maya" Jasper introduces and Nova nods her head slowly. Beeping starts comes from Maya's oxygen tanks and Jasper rushes over to check it.

"Thirty minutes. And we just changed it. That can't be right. Uh, shh-- um... It's her last tank" Jasper panics and Clarke comforts him. "Hey. Uh, we'll find her another one" Clarke says and Maya shakes her head.

"All the supplemental oxygen is on level five" Maya states and Jasper puts his fingers through his hair. "Then we have to get you to level five" Jasper promises. "Five isn't safe for any of us" Maya argues and Jasper sighs upsettingly. "We'll take the trash chute again. It will work" Jasper suggest and Maya shrugs her shoulders looking to Bellamy. "To get in, maybe. Maya's right. Every soldier in this mountain is there. We'll never make it out" Bellamy tells the truth as Nova listens in on the conversation.