𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY
"I'll be fine"
——

It became nightfall and raining and Nova walked all night holding her chest as it began to hurt the more and more she would walk, she even held onto some trees along the way until she heard gunfire close by.

Nova wiped her wet face from the rain and tried to figure out where the noise was coming from when another one rang out. Nova stepped through some mud to find Clarke, Bellamy and...

"Dax" Nova says softly remembering how she thought the Dax situation was weird. Nova sees Clarke up against a tree and Dax holding a gun in front of Bellamy while he lays on the wet ground.

Nova kept thinking if she should truly help Bellamy. He put her through hell, but he's Octavia's brother and she cares deeply for him.

Nova takes a deep breath and grabs the knife out of her pocket she grabbed before leaving the camp. Nova slowly but quickly and discreetly sneaked up on the 3 and Nova watches Clarke rush up to Dax but Dax pushes her stomach making her fall back.

"I hope I don't regret this" Nova sighs out before running up behind Dax. "Nova!" Clarke shouts quickly recognizing her before Nova slips her knife into Dax's neck and pulls it out then kicks his body over making it hit the hard wet ground.

Nova holds her stomach and falls onto one knee "Ah.." Nova sighs out and Clarke quickly runs over to her. "Nova— What the hell! you should be resting" Clarke says putting a hand on Nova's shoulder.

"Doesn't matter what I do, Killing that guard will always come back to haunt me" Nova says and Clarke looks at Bellamy confused before Bellamy comes over and helps Clarke stand Nova to her feet.

"Nova. What are you talking about?" Clarke asks and Nova shakes her head. "The guards— When they come down to the ground there going to do the same stuff they were doing to me in my cell. I was stupid to think it would all change on the ground!" Nova shouts and Clarke puts both of her hands on Nova's cheeks.

"Your going to be fine! It's going to be okay" Clarke reassures and Nova shakes her head while tears fall from her eyes. "Bellamy, you okay?" Clarke asks letting out a small sigh before he nods to the question.

"I'm good, let's just go home and take these guns with us" Bellamy says as Clarke grabs a bag and puts it over her shoulder. "Nova.. thank you" Bellamy thanks and Nova nods her head quickly wiping her tears.

"Don't make me regret it" Nova says clearing her throat and wrapping her arm around Clarke and walks beside her back to camp.

——

All 3 of them make it back to camp with Bellamy and Clarke carrying the bag of guns and Clarke helping Nova walk inside.

"He escaped! What if he brings other grounders back?" Jasper asks, Bellamy, Nova and Clarke overhearing. "Let the grounders come. We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why? Because of their knives and spears. I don't know about you. I'm tired of being afraid" Bellamy states before dropping the bag of guns on the ground while the delinquents form a circle and cheer softly at the sight of guns.

"These are used to fight not play around with" Nova states out loud Bellamy and Clarke nodding their heads. "We have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the dropships come, but until then, they're gonna help keep us safe" Clarke says as Octavia walks up to Nova and wraps an arm around her helping her sit down by the drop ship together.

"And there are plenty more where these came from. Tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight" Bellamy says and the group fans out when Bellamy sees Nova and Octavia sitting together he grabs a blanket, walks over to them and hands the blanket to Octavia who wraps it around Nova.

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but you'll have to find a way to live with me because I'm not going anywhere" Bellamy says as Nova eyes Octavia after hearing about the grounder escape but Nova's not mad about it.

"Bellamy it's time!".

"Grounder escaping, was that you?" Bellamy asks and Octavia scoffs rubbing Nova's back. "I had nothing to do with it. Thanks for the blanket" Octavia says nicely as Bellamy leaves, walking into a tent with Clarke.

"Was it you? The grounder" Nova asks and Octavia sighs but still doesn't answer. "It's okay if it was. I'm not mad at him for stabbing me. We invaded his home, anyone would do that" Nova explains and Octavia nods her head.

"It was. He didn't deserve that, I did what I had to do" Octavia states and Nova smiles leaning her head on Octavia's shoulder, Octavia then leans her head on Nova's softly while rubbing leg.

"Let's lay you down so Clarke can check on you later" Octavia says helping Nova stand to her feet and take her in the drop ship laying her on the bed and tucking her in. "Are you okay?" Octavia asks and Nova's jaw clenches slightly.

"Yeah.. I'll be fine" Nova says with a small smile and Octavia nods her head before leaning down and kissing her on the forehead.

"I'll be fine.. I'll be fine" Nova whispers softly to herself as Octavia walks out the drop ship.