𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY- FIVE
"I promise"
——

"You can come in now" Raven says as Bellamy, Finn and Nova walk into the tent she was working in. When Nova walked in she was expecting something but instead when she looked around the tent she landed her eyes on a small tin can in front of Raven. "Oh, Cute" Nova mumbles nodding her head slowly and Raven rolls her eyes playfully.

"Relax. It needs an accelerant-- gunpowder. Container of hydrazine. Put the gunpowder around the hydrazine. Hit the bull's-eye... Win a prize" Raven exaggerates widening her eyes from talking about something she loves.

"It's the rest of our gunpowder. Won't be able to make any more bullets" Bellamy states and Nova sighs shrugging her shoulders. "It gives us time. Hopefully some of our people will be down by then" Nova says as Finn nods in agreement.

"I agree. Tonight we need a bomb. We can worry about bullets tomorrow" Finn states and Nova starts breathing rapidly thinking of all the possibilities that could happen. Death, Death, Death and more death.

"If we do this and it doesn't work, we'll all be dead tomorrow" Nova says with a shaky tone while tapping her foot. "Then let's make sure it works. To be safe, you need to be at least two hundred feet away to make the shot" Raven states looking to everybody while she explains.

"No problem. Which one of you plants the bomb?" Bellamy asks looking around the tent and Nova and Finn both raise their hands. "I will" They say in unison.

"You won't pick up a gun, but blowing people up, that you're okay with?" Bellamy questions looking to Finn and Nova. Nova puts her hands up in defense "In my defense I don't know how to use a gun. With a bomb I just lay it down gracefully" Nova declares with a small smile.

"Besides, we're blowing up a bridge. There's not gonna be any people on it" Finn states shrugging his shoulder. "Finn, we have one bomb. We need to use it to kill as many of those bastards as possible" Bellamy argues looking to Finn who shakes his head "They don't know we only have one bomb. If we did,  Why would we waste it on a bridge? I say peace through strength" Finn announces and Nova nods slowly trying to understand the last statement he said.

"You mean the appearance of strength" Nova wonders and Finn stares into space for a while until he nods his head. "Yeah" Finn says clearing his throat. "Men who built the A-bomb thought they were peacemakers, too. How'd that work out for them?" Bellamy says with his hands on his sides while blood trickles down from his nose.

"Bellamy! Don't touch anything" Nova warns as Bellamy touches his nose and feels the blood. "Who else can take a shot?" Finn says having no faith in Bellamy and Bellamy glares at him.

"Thanks for the concern. Make sure the bomb is packed and ready to go in ten minutes" Bellamy says as he calls Jasper over and explains that he needs him to take the shot that blows up the bridge.

Bellamy walks outside and Nova scoffs and follows Bellamy. "I'm sorry? Jasper is taking the shot?" Nova questions and Bellamy sighs holding his nose as he coughs harshly. "Yes, You don't even know how to shoot a gun" Bellamy says as the other delinquents in camp begin to stare at him.

"Then teach me! I can do it" Nova argues and Bellamy sighs. "Jaspers taking the shot okay! Is there a problem? Get back to work!" Bellamy announces as Jasper walks out the tent and Nova goes over to Jasper.

"If you miss, if that bridge doesn't blow, we're all dead. Just— Make the shot" Nova sighs as she pats Jaspers shoulder and he nods to her confidently. When Nova turns around to see Bellamy it appears he has fallen to the ground due to the virus and Jasper lunges towards him but Nova quickly pulls go away.

"No! Your too important. Make the shot. Find Finn. Go" Nova says and Jasper nods before rushing off, Nova leans down to the ground and puts Bellamy's arm over her shoulder and struggles to lift him up but slowly gets there. "Come on big guy" Nova grunts as she carries Bellamy to the drop ship catching Octavia's attention.

"Bell? No. Clear some space. Lay him down. Oh, no. Bell..." Octavia says as she and Nova lay him down on a handmade bed. "Thank you" Octavia thanks grabbing Nova's arm and giving her a tight hug before turning to her brother. Nova smiles at the hug before grabbing a cup of water and leaning down to the siblings.

"I won't let anything happen to you, I promise" Octavia says taking the cup from Nova and helping Bellamy take a sip. Nova rubs Octavia's back and stands to her feet while she walks over to a canister and begins washing her hands when Clarke comes down the latter.

"Clarke! You're walking" Nova beams as she sets off her hands and walks over to Clarke. "Yeah! Just a little cough but I'm fine" Clarke says as she turns attention over to Bellamy.

"He's sick to?" Clarke asks worriedly and Nova nods her head yes to the question. "Are you feeling okay?" Clarke asks feeling Nova's cheeks and forehead. Nova chuckles as she grabs Clarke's hands moving them away from her face slowly with a smile.

"I'm fine. I promise" Nova answers as Clarke lets out a sigh of relief and looks into Nova's eyes lovingly and calmly. Clarke doesn't think twice before pushing a strand of Nova's hair behind her ear and twirling it in her finger for a couple seconds. For a moment they get lost in each other's eyes it's almost like this was meant to be and it just felt right... for both of them. Clarke cleared her throat and removed her hands from Nova's, slipping both of them out of their what felt like a lifetime daze.

——

It was a long night Nova and Clarke were helping people left and right then later brought everyone inside so the grounders would think they weren't home because most people didn't think Jasper and Finn could pull it off.

As Nova leaned down and gave someone a cup of water explosion is heard in the distance. Nova and Clarke shared a look before stepping out the drop ship and seeing fire and smoke fill the air. "They did it" Nova mumbles with a slight smile on her face.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds" Clarke says and Nova turns to Clarke with raised eyebrows. "Oppenheimer?" Nova asks and Clarke chuckles nodding her head.

"It's them! Open the gate!" Someone shouts as the gate opens revealing Finn holding Raven in bridal style and Jasper and Monty right behind.

"We did it!" Jasper shouts throwing his hands in the air. Nova lets out a laugh as people around him cheer and clap their hands. Bellamy walks out the drop ship and stands in between Nova and Clarke.

"We need to talk about Murphy" Bellamy says and Nova sighs. "I mean wasn't he right about the bridge?" Clarke questions hesitantly.

"We'll see. Octavia says the mountain men are pissed, whatever that means" Bellamy says as Nova places her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket. "I'd say it means we need as many soldiers as we can get" Clarke answers looking around the camp.

"So, what, we have pardon power now?" Bellamy asks Clarke and Nova chuckles softly. "Must be hard running things" Nova says and Bellamy sighs

"You don't know the half of it".