𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
"We must fight"
——

Nova and Octavia stood outside with Indra and the other grounders waiting for Clarke so they could go to Tondc to make Skaikru the 13th member of the clans. Indra thought if she was going to train Nova and Octavia they should know what the other clans represent. Indra braided Nova's hair back and left out two front pieces and braided them both. Nova's hair was always down so it felt slightly weird but Nova got used to it quickly.

Clarke never came out the drop ship only Kane did. "Where's Clarke?" Nova asked and Kane sighed standing in front of everyone. "Clarke will not be joining us right now. I'll take her place but she'll meet us there" Kane states and Nova nods slowly.

"We must go now. The commander shouldn't be left waiting" Indra states and Kane nods his head and begins to follow the grounders out the gate and make their way to Tondc.

Once they arrived there were many different clans present. They all gathered in a room and stood before Lexa. The commander of Trikru. 

Nova and Octavia stood on each side of Indra while she told them about each clan. "The Ice Nation." Indra whispers looking over to the men and women who wear white face paint. "Last time, they stepped foot here, we were at war with each other. Now the twelve clans fight together. Remember this day. You may never see one like it again" Indra states as Nova nods her head listening to every word. They both look over at Octavia who looked like she wasn't listening at all.

"You haven't heard a word I've said." Indra whispered catching Octavia's attention. She shook her head and let out a sigh. "Sorry. Bellamy left Lincoln in the tunnels two days ago, and he should be back—" Octavia says but is cut off by Indra "Lincoln is no longer your concern".

"Look. I've done everything you've asked me to do, and I'll continue to do so, but what you're asking now is impossible" Octavia argues and Nova clears her throat. "She's just worried. She can't be worried?" Nova asked and Indra looked over at Nova. "We're at war, and a warrior does not mourn those she's lost till after the battle is won." Indra states and Nova looks at Indra and nods her head understandingly.

~~

After the meeting with the other clans everyone made their way outside and stood around the camp of Tondc. Nova and Octavia sat next to each other on a log having a conversation when Clarke walked over. Her and Octavia stood to their feet.

"Clarke, you made it" Octavia greets and Clarke smiles oddly and nods. "I need you to take me to Lexa." Clarke demands and Octavia and Nova furrows their eyebrows in confusion. "Is everything... okay?" Nova asks slowly and Clarke looks at Nova and nods her head quickly.

"Yeah, Fine" Clarke says and Nova clears her throat watching Clarke's body language and it's different. "Well, is Bellamy ready? Did he get the acid fog down?" Octavia wonders and Clarke sighs "He's working on it. But I need to talk to Lexa" Clarke says frantically and Octavia nods taking Clarke to room Lexa is in. Nova watches Clarke walk away and somethings off but she doesn't let it cloud her mind.

Indra assigned Nova and Octavia to watch the trees for any movement. Nova was now watching one side with Fio and Octavia was watching one side with Atohl, Another grounder. Nova sat by the tree and sharpened her knife while occasionally looking up and around to make sure no one was around.

Nova stands up and looks around getting annoyed as silence fills the trees. "There's no one here. What are we doing?" Nova asks walking around but not far away. "Your supposed to watch. Keep and eye out" Fio states and Nova sighs nodding her head and looking around.

"Sorry, Sorry" Nova apologizes and keeps looking around when she hears faint whooshing in the sky. Nova stops in her tracks and looks up at the sky. "Fio! Fio!" Nova shouts and Fio rushes over and sees the missile in the sky.

"Run! Indra! Get out of there!" Fio screams as the missile gets closer and closer to camp, he lifts up Nova with one hand and falls to the ground making Nova land on top of him as the missile blew up making Nova's ears ring.

Nova's breathing became heavy and she slowly got off of Fio and looked to camp Tondc. Nova's eyes widen as her hearing slowly came back and all she was screaming and burning flames.

Nova looked to Fio who came up next to her. "Thank you" Nova says in there language and Fio nods his head. "We must go. Save some" Fio states and him and Nova rush to the camp but start getting shot and take cover.

"Nova!" Nova hears screaming and she looks over and sees Octavia taking cover also with Lincoln and Nyko. "Are you okay?" Octavia shouts and Nova nods her head as shots still fire around them.

"We must fight" Fio says to Nova and Nova nods her head slowly.

A/N

I know this was a short chapter i'm sorry ❤️