𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE
"No animals huh?"
——

Nova and Clarke stood together looking at her map and looking at the peak for mount weather to see how far it would take to get there. Wells fell from the top of the drop ship and landed behind Nova and Clarke. Nova wasn't a big fan of Wells father but she couldn't blame Wells for what his father did to her and her father.

"We got problems. The communications system is dead. I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires" Wells says wiping his pants and letting out a sigh. "Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. See? Look" Clarke brings up the map and starts pointing to where the group is at.

"This is us. This is where we need to get to if we want to survive" Clarke says pointing farther away from there spot. "Wow" Nova sighs as a boy with goggles on the side of his head walks over.

"Ah, cool, a map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer" Jasper says looking Nova up and down making Nova shake her head jokingly. "You mind?" Well says rudely to Jasper before grabbing the rim of his jacket.

"Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us" A boy with slick brown hair walking up defending Jasper. "Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are" Wells says letting go of Jasper.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" The boy questions tilting his head slightly walking up to Wells. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority" Well defends and the boy scoffs.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you, your little Princess and who are you?" The boy says looking to Nova at the last part and Nova clears her throat.

"Uh- Nova" Nova answers and the boy smirks "John but call me Murphy. What did you get arrested for?" Murphy questions and Nova tenses up putting her hands in her jacket pockets again. "Okay- Do you think we care who's in charge? We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be" Clarke speaks up and Murphy rolls his eyes.

"Then I saw you three go and find it for us" Murphy says pointing to them as the other delinquents start cheering after listening to the conversation. "You're not listening. We all need to go" Wells speaks up looking to the crowd.

"Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth".

"That's funny?" Wells questions angrily before pushing Murphy back causing him to grunt at the force. Murphy swings his fist hitting Wells across the cheek while the other kids cheer them on and Murphy pulls out his knife. Nova widens her eyes at the knife as Murphy and Wells circle each other.

Murphy swings his knife and slices Wells in the leg "Aw.. Aw" Wells says in pain holding his bleeding leg and Murphy tries to go for an attack when the long haired boy from earlier jumps down from the drop ship and faces Murphy.

"Kid's got one leg. How about you wait until it's a fair fight?".

Octavia runs up and looks to Finn "Hey, spacewalker, rescue me next" Octavia says with a sly cute smile on her face causing the boy to let out a laugh. "He's a criminal" Bellamy says looking to Octavia who shrugs "Aren't we all" Octavia defends while Nova looks at her when Octavia catches her looking Nova turns her gaze to the long haired boy who she found out was named Finn.

"So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Finn asks.

"Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food. Nova wanna join?" Clarke asks and Nova nods not minding to join along. "How are the three of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells questions and Finn sighs looking around when he pulls 2 boys who were standing closest to him. One of them being the boy with the goggles on his head. Nova recognized the slightly tan boy Monty from farm station where she visited from time to time.

"Sounds like a party. Make it five" Octavia says walking over, Nova slightly happy she decided to come along. After Octavia convinced her brother to let her join she walked up to the group.

"Now let's go" Clarke orders as they begin to follow Clarke deeper into the woods. "Before you both get any ideas, Finn is mine" Octavia whispers and Nova chuckles slightly.

"All yours" Nova states and Octavia let's out a chuckle eyeing Nova sweetly. "Before you get any ideas, I don't care" Clarke says as she holds onto her backpack straps while Octavia starts walking ahead but not before looking back at Nova.

~~

While walking through the woods Nova ended up walking next to Octavia, Jasper, and Monty. Jasper picked a flower from a bush and put it behind Octavia's ear earning a smile.

"See my friends that's game" Jasper whisper to Nova and Monty as Octavia walks a little ahead. "That, my friend, is poison sumac" Monty says and Octavia whips her head around and swats the flower out from behind her ear.

"Don't worry the flower isn't poisonous" Nova reassures taking out a piece of flower that was stuck in her hair while Octavia looks at Nova with a sparkle in her eyes. "Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke says and Nova starts walking slightly ahead. "Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn questions and Clarke sighs.

"Well, it's simple. I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on".

"Someone should slip her some poison sumac" Octavia jokes making Nova let out a laugh. "I got to know what you two did to get busted and you Miss innocent Nova" Finn says making Nova tense up again.

"Sumac is not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean" Monty says and Jasper elbows Monty "Someone forget to replace what we took" Jasper adds.

"How about you, Nova? What'd they get you for?" Finn questions and Nova shrugs "Uh- Nothing important" Nova lies as she walks ahead going to stand next to Clarke when Clarke kneels down, Nova slightly confused but she lifts her head and sees a deer standing in front of them but farther away. Nova tugs a smile on her face and kneels with Clarke.

"No animals, huh?" Finn remarks.