𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE
"Raven!"
——

After a long night of helping Charlotte, her death, and Murphy's banishment, Nova and the rest of the delinquents made it back to camp. Octavia ran up to Nova and wrapped her arms around her. Nova tugged a smile on her lips and wrapped her arms around Octavia.

"Are you okay?" Octavia asks and Nova nods her head yes. "I'm okay" Nova states and Octavia pulls away from the hug and grips onto Nova's forearm.

"How's Jasper?" Nova clears her throat changing the subject after getting lost in Octavia's beautiful green eyes. "He's good. We tried walking today we didn't get far but it was good enough. He's strong" Octavia answers and Nova nods her head listening.

Octavia walks over and grabs a metal cup and gets Nova a cup of water and hands it to her. Nova takes it from Octavia's hands and sits down on the edge of the drop ship looking up at the night sky.

"You think we're gonna survive down here, like.. Seriously survive?" Nova questions before taking a sip of her water and offering Octavia a sip. Octavia takes a sip and lets out a sigh.

"I think we'll manage" Octavia answers as Bellamy and group of other delinquents set up a fire. "I sure hope so" Nova sighs taking the cup and drinking the water, Nova turns her head to look at Octavia and Octavia turns her gaze to Nova.

Nova's breath increases and heart pumping while looking at Octavia. It's weird Nova's never felt this.. ever. Octavia let out a soft laugh and pushes the few strands in front of Nova's face behind her ear and left her hand cupping her jaw. Nova leaned in slightly but so did Octavia until a loud boom from the sky is heard.

Nova and Octavia switch their gaze to the sky as did everyone else at camp. They all see what looks like a shooting star but as it goes further down it looks more like a ship. "What is that?" Octavia questions as her and Nova stand to their feet hearing the impact of the ship falling to the ground.

"Bellamy, We should go see what that was" Nova says grabbing Bellamy's attention but he makes his way over to his tent. Octavia and Nova share a confusing look before people around camp begin to talk about what they just saw wanting to go see what it is.

Nova and Octavia walk into Bellamy's tent and see him packing a bag. "We should get moving. Everyone wants to go see what that was" Octavia says.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light; pass the word" Bellamy says and Nova scoffs "What? There could be useful stuff in there we should go now" Nova argues as Bellamy makes his way to exit the tent but Octavia blocks him.

"Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now" Octavia states talking with her hands. "I said we wait till sunrise" Bellamy barks and Nova is a little taken back while Bellamy leaves the tent.

——

It was still night and Nova couldn't sleep so she sat outside the drop ship and sharpened a stick she found just for fun while other people worked on the wall and Clarke and Finn walked into camp.

"Did you guys see that? You know it's from the Ark, right? It had to be" Fox, one of the delinquents say to Clarke. "Grab your stuff let's find out. You too Nova" Clarke points and Nova stands to her feet and walks over to Clarke.

"Well Mr. Blake said to wait till sunrise" Nova says putting her hands in her pocket. "Where is he?" Clarke questions. Nova walks over to Bellamy's tent while Clarke and Finn follow. Nova enters the tent but doesn't see Bellamy just sees two people who in the middle of something.. hot.

"Oh.." Nova says stopping in her tracks. "Learn to knock bitch!" The girl shouts covering herself. "Where the hell is Bellamy?" Clarke asks not playing around. "He took off a while ago".

"What?" Nova says as her and Clarke walk out the tent. "He told everyone to stay. Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've gotta get there before he does" Clarke states looking to Finn and Nova who nod their head and follow Clarke out of camp.

When Nova, Finn and Clarke made it to the small pod the sun was beginning to rise. Clarke and Finn spilt up to check the surroundings. Nova went up to the pod and saw a girl.

"Oh my- Clarke!" Nova shouted softly and Clarke ran to the other side of the pod in shock at a brown haired girl with blood running down her head lying in the pod.

"Hi. I made it?" The girl asks and Nova chuckles softly before nodding her head. Nova and Clarke helped the girl out the pod and she slipped out of her suit and was on the ground looking up at the sky and trees around her. "Aaah. I dreamed it would smell like this. Is this rain?" The girl questions in excitement.

"Welcome home" Clarke says with a smile on her face as the girl stands to her feet and breathes in the fresh air. Finn appears from the woods after checking the surroundings.

"Raven!"

"Finn!" She exclaims as she runs to him putting her hands on his shoulder. "I knew you couldn't be dead" Raven let's out a soft laugh before Finn notices she's bleeding.

"Your'e bleeding" Finn says and she smiles "I don't care" Raven states before placing her lips on his and kissing then pulls away laughing. Nova notices Clarke facial expression and it's not good, she notices Clarke is in shock, but she also hurt. After  Raven and Finn catch up and he sets her down on a log to rest Finn rushes up to Clarke and grabs the ice from her. "I'm sorry".

"Let's not talk about this" Clarke says not even looking him in the eye. "We've known each other our whole lives" Finn defends and Nova walks next to Clarke.

"Just go help her" Nova nods her head over to Raven and Finn sighs walking back over to Raven. Nova looks over to Clarke who swallows a large lump in her throat out of embarrassment.

"You okay?" Nova places a hand on Clarke's shoulder and Clarke nods repeatedly. "This is Clarke and Nova. She was on the dropship too" Finn introduces when Nova and Clarke walk up to them.

"Clarke? This was all because of your mom. This was all her plan. We were trying to come down here together. If we waited--" Raven explains and looks like she finally remembers something. "Oh, my God. We couldn't wait because the council was voting whether to kill three hundred people to save air".

"What!" Nova says getting nervous and scared as her mother could be one of those three hundred people. "They're doing it today. We have to tell them you're alive" Raven runs to the pod with everyone following her. "The radio's gone. It must've gotten loose during reentry. I should've strapped it to the A-strut. Stupid!" Raven says feeling upset with herself.

Nova scoffs and looks to Clarke "This isn't your fault. I promise" Nova reassures Raven who looks to Clarke.

"Someone got here before us. We have to find him. Now".