𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
"Acceptance"
——

"Move, move, move!".

"Two prisoners in custody".

"We gotta get her to medical. Move! Move!".

"Wait!" Someone says as Nova slowly raises her head and winces in pain. "She's not a prisoner. She's my daughter" The women says and Nova puts two and two together that's Abby Griffin, Clarke's mom. Abby cups Clarke's face in her hands. "Mom?" Clarke mumbles looking at her mother who's alive.

Clarke and Nova are in medical with Abby treating they're wounds. Abby finishes stitching up Nova's arm where her tracker was. Both Clarke and Nova were somehow cleaned up they got the mud out of there clothes and off there face and blood didn't fill Nova's face anymore just faint scars.

"I'm sorry I never caught your name?" Abby asks and Nova clears her throat. "Nova. Nova Bailey, have you seen-" Nova says but it cut off by the gasping of Abby. "Your mom is Layla Bailey. She's out looking for you now" Abby states and Nova widens her eyes and a smile tugs on her face. "She's alive?" Nova asks and Abby nods her head smiling making Nova smile even more.

"Me and her became friends on the ark when she came to me about her daughter. Wait, we're you the one that was stabbed?" Abby asks and Nova sighs nodding her head. After Clarke got done talking with some guards she came back over to Nova and her mom. "Mom. Did anyone else make it here?" Clarke asks and Abby nods "Finn and Bellamy" Abby answers making Clarke and Nova glance at each other in excitement.

"Octavia?" Nova asks and Abby shrugs her shoulder indicating Octavia hasn't shown up.

~~

It was the next day and Clarke and Nova stayed in medical talking with each other when Raven walked in. Nova and Clarke stood up quickly and smiled looking at someone they knew. Clarke ran up first hugged and Raven then Nova.

"Are you guys ok?" Raven asks and Nova nods her head looking to Clarke before putting her hand on her shoulder. "We'll be fine" Nova answers as she looks down and notices Raven's brace on her leg.

"Oh.. Raven, I didn't know it was that bad" Nova says and Raven nods her head slowly "I'm dealing with it" Raven says with a sad smile.

"Open the gate!" Nova and Clarke hearing coming from outside and quickly walk outside in the sun seeing Bellamy, Octavia, Monroe, and Mel enter. Nova's eyes widen as she see's Octavia and Bellamy. Clarke and Nova run up to both of them hugging them Nova hugging Octavia first and her quickly hugging back "Nova, Oh gosh" Octavia breathed out as she backed away from the hug and cupped Nova's face in her hands. Nova and Octavia looks over at Clarke and Bellamy hugging before letting out a laugh.

"There's something I never thought I'd see" Octavia jokes making Nova chuckle and turn to face Octavia. Octavia notices the scars on Nova's face and traces them with her finger. Nova looks down at Octavia's outfit and smiles "I'm digging the new look" Nova says and Octavia laughs pushing her back a little.

Clarke turns and hugs Octavia tightly before Nova moves out the way and is now in front of Bellamy. "You look—" Bellamy says before Nova puts her hand up stopping him "Listen, it's a long story" Nova says along with a chuckle as Bellamy gives Nova a side hug "Not gonna lie, I missed my favorite guard killer" Bellamy jokes before Nova softly punches him in the side pushing him off of her.

"Where's Finn?" Clarke asks after chatting with Octavia. "Looking for you. Along with your mom Nova" Bellamy says and Nova nods her head "I know that" Nova sighs afraid of what her mom might do if she doesn't find her soon.

~~

After trying to convince the Chancellor aka Abby to let the group go out and try to find Finn and them it never worked. Abby wasn't trying to lose her daughter again after just getting her back. But they all made a plan to sneak out. Raven and her tech friend Wick made the electrical fence around the camp turn off so they were able to sneak out. Nova, Clarke, Octavia and Bellamy to be exact.

The group began walking through the woods. "How's my mom? I know you don't know her but-" Nova asks and Bellamy has an uneasy look on his face. "Her and Finn are not okay there on a rampage. They were all against us it was like them vs the world. Weirdly, your mom and Finn get along right now and your mom keeps saying Momento Mori" Bellamy says and Novas eyes widen and she clears her throat. Her mother never says that ever. The saying means 'remember you have to die' it's what Nova and her dad used to say in bad situations they always thought if you were gonna die it had to be for a reason. Nova's mother never liked that saying it was always "Momento Vivere" which means 'remember to live'. She didn't like the bad energy Nova and her father were giving themselves but it never worked that was there saying. Not hers.

"And Finn he executed the Grounder that drew us the map. Pulled the trigger without even blinking and walked away" Bellamy explained and Nova and Clarke shared a scared look. "That doesn't sound like Finn" Clarke states and Bellamy nods his head slowly.

"No, it doesn't. I saw what he was capable of, and still I let him go with Murphy and Nova's mom with 3 automatic rifles" Bellamy says and Nova scoffs "You let them? After that?" Nova asked taking a deep breath before Octavia rubbed her back softly.

"When we got back to the dropship and no one was there, we assumed it was the Grounders" Bellamy explains as they continue walking to the woods. "Of course, you did. You couldn't have known it was the mountain men. No one could have" Clarke says reassuring Bellamy. After a few moments of silence Bellamy sighs and claps his hands while they walk through the woods.

"First, we find Finn, then our people in Mount Weather" Bellamy states and Nova and Clarke nod in agreement. "And Lincoln. Think we've slept long enough" Octavia speaks up then walks in front of them. Nova clears her throat and looks at Octavia walking in front of her before walking next to her in step. Not knowing what to say Nova doesn't speak she just bites her lip.

"I'm not- I'm not in love with you Nova" Octavia says breaking the silence making Nova turn her head to Octavia. "I love Lincoln" Octavia confesses and Nova knew that already she slowly started to accept it and see Octavia as her best friend. Yes, she was in love in with Octavia she may still be. They shared a kiss. They shared memories and Nova will never forget that but it still kind of hurts to say it out loud.

"I know. I'm just glad to see you. I'm glad you didn't have to go through what I did" Nova confesses honestly making Octavia turn to face Nova with a sad smile on her face. "I did love you Nova. I did" Octavia says sounding a little stuffed up "Don't explain yourself. It's fine. I loved you too. I accepted it a long time ago" Nova says rubbing Octavia's shoulder as they walk.

~~

The group hears firing in the distance but there close by so there near the village. They start to run to catch up and when they reach the village they see Layla. Nova's mom and Finn gunning down a bunch of grounders together. Nova's mom fires one time and shoots down another ground killing him. Octavia runs towards his body. Finn and Layla notice Bellamy and a horrified Clarke and Nova in the distance.

"My baby" Nova's mom mumbles as she slowly drops her gun and runs towards her daughter hugging her. Nova still in shock from seeing her mother kill all these people she barley hugs back looks at Clarke and Finn. Clarke pushes away from Finn when he tries to come close to her. She's scared and Nova knows it.