𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"Hell"
——

Nova couldn't sleep so she decided to help gather some wood to help build the wall and build a fire for the camp. When walking in camp with a bunch of wood she saw Bellamy with a lit torch looking through tents saying Octavia's name.

Bellamy looks in Clarke's tent "You're up?" Bellamy asks and Clarke grunts while getting out of her tent. "Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep" Clarke states wiping the dirt off her pants.

"Raven's flares will work" Bellamy states and Nova sighs and throws the wood to the side and walks up to Clarke and Bellamy. "Ravens radio would've worked a lot better" Nova chimes in wiping off the dirt on her hands.

"Have any of you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asks and Nova shakes her head. "It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies" Clarke implies shrugging her shoulders.

"I've checked the camp. She's not here" Bellamy says and Nova feels her heart start to beat faster and she begins to worry about Octavia. "I'll check the rest of the tents" Nova says and Bellamy nods.

"I'll help. You go to the drop ship" Clarke says and Bellamy nods his head and pats Clarke's back before she walks off but before Nova walks off Bellamy gently grabs her arm.

"Thank you" Bellamy says and Nova snatches her arm away and scoffs "I'm doing this for Octavia and Octavia only. Don't thank me" Nova says before walking off to look through the other tents.

Nova found no sign of Octavia anywhere. Nothing, except a bunch of others kids making out in each tent.

Clarke and Nova meet up by the fire and shrug there shoulders as they've found no sign of Octavia. "Just people sleeping or making out in all of the tents" Nova says and Clarke lets out a sigh as Bellamy walks out the drop ship.

"Nothing" Bellamy says looking to Nova and Clarke who shrugs there shoulders as they've found nothing either.

"Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her" Bellamy says as sole kids light up torches and grabs weapons they've made. Clarke grabs a sword made out of wood and hands it to Nova.

"Just to be safe" Clarke says and Nova let's out a soft laugh and nods grabbing the sword from Clarke's hands, there fingers brushing together a bit. "Thanks" Nova says and Clarke nods turning her head to Jasper who looks like he's coming to help.

"Hey, Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't left camp since we brought you back" Clarke implies and Jasper shakes his head. "I need to do this" Jasper says when Bellamy walks up "We need all the people we can get. Including a tracker—" Bellamy says looking around.

"Finn get out here!".

"I'm coming" Finn shouts as he walks out his tent with a new haircut. Nova squints her eyes and looks to Clarke who's eyes widen slightly. "Nice hair cut space walker" Nova greets getting a chuckle out of Clarke and Jasper.

"Guys, guys. Come here!" A delinquents yells grabbing everyone's attention. Nova moves past Jasper and looks up in the sky where everyone is looking and sees hundreds of shooting stars fall from the sky.

"It's so beautiful".

"They didn't work. They didn't see the flares" Raven says as she walks out her tent. Nova begins to put the pieces together these aren't shooting stars...

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy jokes and Nova shakes her head "You idiot! It's a funeral. That's what it looks like when you get 300 people in the ark killed!" Nova shouts pointing to the sky and Bellamy's face drops. Raven marches towards Bellamy and pushes him slightly "This is all because of you!" Raven shouts.

"I helped you find the radio" Bellamy defends and Nova scoffs walking up next to Raven. "After you ruined it" Nova argues and Clarke puts a hand on Nova's shoulder and pulls her back slightly. "He knows now he has to live with it" Clarke states.

"I'll live with it then but right now all I know is that my sister is out there and I'm gonna find her" Bellamy says turning to face everyone. "What are we waiting for? Move out!".

Everyone begins to leave and Clarke talks to Raven about the radio and how they have to talk to them soon. "Guys... They're leaving. We gotta go" Jasper says and Nova sighs looking around.

"you should stay and fix the radio" Finn says and Raven furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Fix it? The transmitter's smashed. Unless there's a parts depot down here, we're not talking to the ark" Raven says and Clarke and Finn share a knowing look.

"Art supply store".

"I know a place you might be able to get a transmitter" Clarke says while Raven and Nova look between Finn and Clarke. "Great. It looks like you're coming with me instead" Raven sighs and Nova taps Finns shoulder.

"Let's go. We won't find Octavia without you" Nova says and Jasper snaps his fingers grabbing Novas arm and starts dragging her away and later Finn starts to follow along.

Nova and the search party wonder through the woods until they find something. "Look! Over here!" One of the delinquents shout that grabs everyone's attention. Nova pushes past the group to make it to the front and looks down the small hill where a flashlight is laying down on the ground.

"Rope" Bellamy says as someone hands him the rope. "What are you doing?" Nova and Finn question in unison. "We need the rope to get back up. Flashlight. It's hers. I'm going all the way down" Bellamy says as he drags himself all the way down to the bottom of the small hill looking around.

"Someone else was here".

Nova and Finn drag themselves down the small hill with Bellamy and Finn inspects the surroundings around them. "The prints are deeper going that way. He was carrying her" Finn states.

"Well if they took her that could mean she's alive" Nova states and Jasper speaks from the top of the hill. "Just like when they took me" Jasper says and Nova nods her head.

——

While the search party wanders around they come along this cave with skeletons and blood in the entrance way.

"I don't speak grounder... but I'm pretty sure this means keep out" Finn says and Nova looks around in shock and takes a deep breath. "Well, I'm not leaving here without her" Nova argues and Jasper nods his head in agreement.

"Let's get out of here".

"It's crazy".

"I'm outta here" A group of people say before they begin to wander off no wanting to go through enemy territory and possibly get hurt. "Go back if you want. My sister, my responsibility" Bellamy whispers the last part and starts walking in.

"I'd walk into hell to find her" Jasper says and Nova clears her throat looking around at her surroundings.

"I think we just did" Finn says looking over to Nova who's shrugs her shoulders and catches up with Bellamy and Jasper along with the few people who stayed behind to help.