𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE
"Guard Killer"
——

Nova and the group finally make it home while it's still daylight and come back to Murphy and Wells fighting. "Wells! Let him go!" Clarke screams as Nova walks in with Octavia's arm around her helping her walk as she hurt her leg earlier.

Bellamy notices and rushes towards Octavia "Octavia. Are you all right?" Bellamy asks and Octavia nods "Yeah".

"Get away from her" Bellamy says slightly pushing Nova away and grabbing Octavia's hands to help her up. "Bellamy.." Octavia was slightly taken back and Nova stepped away a little bit and put her hands in her pockets. "She knows what she did" Bellamy states and Nova clears her throat. "Where's the food?" Bellamy changes the topic and Clarke sighs "We didn't make it to Mount Weather" Finn answers pushing his hair back.

"What the hell happened out there?".

"We were attacked" Finn states. "Attacked? By what?" Wells limps towards them concerned. "Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder" Finn answers. "It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong" Nova states agreeing with Finn. "There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us" Clarke adds in.

"Yeah, the bad news is the Grounders will".

"Where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells questions "He was hit and they took him" Nova answers. "Where is your wristband?" Clarke questions grappling Wells arm and looking at his bare wrist. "Ask him" Wells turns to Bellamy.

"How many?" Clarke questions angry. "Twenty-four and counting" Murphy chimes in stepping into the conversation. "Why? The Ark is failing and these are the only way they know we're alive" Nova says and Bellamy scoffs. "I don't want a hear anything from you" Bellamy says excusing Nova.

"She's right! They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there" Clarke defends. "We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves" Bellamy says and Nova shakes her head.

"Do you have something to say.. guard killer?" Bellamy states and Nova looks him in the eye shocked at what he said. "Bellamy!" Clarke and Octavia shout in unison defending Nova.

"Have you told people what you did?" Bellamy questions and Nova pushes her hair behind her ear embarrassed.

"This girl right here killed.. a guard. She took medicine, got caught, and killed the guard" Bellamy confesses to everyone and there are gasps hears in the crowd. "And you and your guard buddies came into my cell everyday for a year and shocked me. A YEAR!" Nova cries out as she swings the palm of her hand across his cheek. Nova was a little taken back at what she did but she didn't show it.

"Bellamy.. you did that?" Octavia questions and Bellamy holds his cheek and looks to Octavia. "She killed a guard!" Bellamy throws his hands in the air.
Octavia scoffs and walks away slightly limping away. Nova turned around to Clarke "What are we gonna do now?" Nova asks and Clarke was wondering if Nova was okay but she didn't want to pry so she let out a worried sigh.

"Now.. we go after Jasper" Clarke answers and Nova nods her head before walking away to the drop ship to collect her thoughts for a moment.

Nova let a tear slip down her cheek when she heard rustling from the tarp covering the door. Nova quickly swipes the tear away before turning around and seeing Octavia limping in, Nova ran to her and grabs her arms.

"I'm fine" Octavia smiles and Nova nods slowly while letting go of her. "Did you really.. do what Bellamy said?" Octavia questions and Nova takes her time but nods yes to Octavia's questions.

"I'm sorry I, Uh- slapped your brother" Nova apologizes and Octavia waves her off "Someone had to do it" Octavia jokes and Nova let's out a genuine laugh before Clarke rushes in the drop ship.

"Are you okay?" Clarke asks placing a hand on Nova's shoulder and Nova nods yes. "Alright you ready?" Clarke questions and Nova smiles and nods.

"Of course".

Nova walked out the drop ship but not before waving Octavia goodbye. When Nova and Clarke walk out the drop ship they see Wells who looks like he's joining along and Clarke sighs stuffing something in her backpack.

"You're not coming with us" Clarke states. "I told you my ankles fine" Wells says pointing towards his ankle. "It's not your ankle, Wells, It's you" Clarke says putting her backpack on her back. "You came back for reinforcements. I'm gonna help" Wells defends. "Clarke maybe he should come.. it can't be just us two" Nova shrugs and Monty walks up.

"Clarke, there right. We need him. So far no one else has volunteered" Monty states and Clarke turns to face Monty. "I'm sorry, Monty, but you're not going, either" Clarke denies and Monty furrows his eyebrows in confusion as he wants to help his best friend.

"Like hell I'm not. Jasper's my best friend" Monty says talking with his hands. Clarke and Jasper go on and talk about how Monty is to important because he knows about farming and engineering when Finn walks up.

"I'm not going anywhere, and neither should any of you. That spear was thrown with pinpoint accuracy from 300 feet" Finn says and Nova scoffs "I don't think we should just let Jasper die out there" Nova says using her free hand to point towards the woods.

"This isn't some kind an adventure, it's a suicide mission" Finn defends and Nova shakes her head disagreeing. Nova looks over to Octavia sitting down on a log checking out her leg when Bellamy walks over to her telling her she could died.

Clarke overhears and turns her attention to them "She would have died if Nova and Jasper hadn't noticed the thing in the water" Clarke says and Octavia nods her head. "Or if Nova didn't pull me out of the water" Octavia defends and you can see Bellamy is starting to feel guilt from what he said about Nova earlier.

"I hear you have a gun" Clarke says to Bellamy who lifts his shirt up revealing his gun. "Clarke what are you doing?" Wells asks.

"Good- Follow me" Clarke says inviting Bellamy to come with them. Bellamy invites Murphy then tells Atom, one of the other delinquents, to watch over Octavia while he's gone and Nova and the rest of the group including Finn, Wells and Monty follow Clarke thought out the woods to go on the journey to find Jasper.

"Since when are we in the rescuing business, huh?" Murphy says while Nova walks behind him and Bellamy. "The Ark thinks the prince is dead. Once they think the princess is, too, they'll never come down. I'm getting that wristband, even if I have to cut off her hand to do it".