𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTH-TEEN
"We have to save her!"
——

While walking through the trail the group seemed to have lost their way and started traveling aimlessly through the woods.

"I got nothing. We lost the trail" Finn says as everyone begins looking around. "Yeah. There's nothing here" Nova sighs wiping the dirt off of her forehead.

"Keep looking" Bellamy demands and Finn sighs grabbing Bellamy's arm to stop him. "Wandering around aimlessly isn't the way to find your sister. We should backtrack..." Finn says and Bellamy let's out a shocked scoff. "I'm not going back".

"Hey, where's John?" Roma, the girl who stayed behind to help asks and Nova turns around and wanders her eyes aimlessly around the woods. "I just saw him a second ago" Jasper says slight worry in his voice.

"Then we spread out no he could have gotten that far" Bellamy says and Roma nods her head and starts walking around the woods. Nova hears leave crumbling in the distance and looks over and sees someone rush past the trees.

"They use the trees" Finn says to himself as he looks up. "We shouldn't have crossed the boundary" Diggs, one of the other boys who decided to stay behind and is looking like he made the wrong decision.

Nova looks over and sees a bunch of grounders running through the woods but quickly hide by using the trees. "Another one!" Jasper points out making everyone beware of their surroundings.

"We should run. Now! Run!" Finn shouts and the group begins to run through the woods hopping over any log under them and ducking under any branch in front of them.

As they run they realize the grounders are playing some game. "What are we gonna do? They keep heading us off" Jasper states breathlessly holding his chest. "We have to keep running!" Nova shouts and Jasper shakes his head "I can't run anymore" Jasper says catching his breath and Nova goes over to him and rubs his back.

"I'm not stopping for him!" Diggs argues and Nova rolls her eyes. "I'm sick of running anyway" Bellamy states looking around the woods. "Bellamy, what the hell are you doing?" Nova asks frantically.

"They know where she is" Bellamy says as Roma is heard in the distance. "Diggs, where are you!" Roma shouts in the distance.

"Roma!" Diggs shouts before he runs off into the woods.

"Wait! Roma. Could be more. Stop" Finn shouts. "They were leading us here. It's the only direction we could run in" Jasper says standing up straight holding his chest. Nova looks around and realizes it's quiet "Guys.. there gone. Where did they go?" Nova asks still looking around aimlessly.

"After Roma".

——

The group had ran off to find Roma before the grounders did and they spotted her running around. "There she is. Roma!" Monroe, one of the other delinquents who decided to stay behind screams out as Roma is hit with a spear and her body is hit into a tree.

"They're playing some game with us" Nova says catching her breath. "She only came because of me" Bellamy says off topic and Nova shakes her head. "They can kill us.. whenever they want" Nova says taking with her hands.

"Then they should get it over with! Come on! We know you're out there! You want to kill us..." Jasper shouts and Nova runs over to Jasper and covers his mouth with the palm of her hand and a horn is heard in the distance and Nova notices all of them are leaving and she slowly removes her hand from Jaspers mouth.

"That horn. What does it mean?" Jasper asks softly and Nova takes a deep breath. "Fog. Acid fog" Finn answers looking around. "We have to run" Monroe suggests and Nova shakes her head.

"There's not enough time to run" Nova says grabbing the tents out of Bellamy's bag and flatting them out. Nova gets under the tent with Finn and Bellamy whole Jasper is in a tent with Monroe.

After awhile Bellamy gets annoyed and lifts the tent above them. "There's no fog" Bellamy says and everyone gets from under the tents. "Maybe it was a false alarm" Finn states as he stands to his feet helping Nova to hers. "Or a trick" Nova sighs and wiping her hands on her pants.

"They're coming back" Bellamy says as he sees running in the distance. "But he's alone" Jasper points out the grounder. "Now can we run?" Monroe suggest but no one pays attention.

"He doesn't see us. I'm going after him" Bellamy says taking a step forward before Nova grabs his arm "What will you do? Kill him?" Nova asks and Bellamy sighs. "No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is, Then kill him" Bellamy says walking off and Nova shakes her head in disbelief.

"How do we know he's not leading us to another trap?" Jasper says looking to Nova and Finn who share a look. "We don't".

——

The group followed the lone grounder into a cave but once they made it in the grounder stood in the middle of the cave. Bellamy and the group slowly creeped up on the tall man and hit him upside the head. Once he fell to the ground they spotted Octavia lying on the ground with a blanket under her.

"Nova? Bell?" Octavia calls out softly and Nova kneels down to her sitting her up and pushing her hair out of her face. "Monroe, watch the entrance. It's ok. You're ok" Bellamy says kneeling down to Octavia.

"How did you find me?" Octavia asks as she wraps her hand around Bellamy's shoulders and grips Novas hand. "Followed him" Bellamy answers sending Octavia small smile.

"We should go. Now. Before he wakes up" Octavia says as she helped to her feet by Bellamy and Nova. Nova looks at the grounder on the ground and spots something attached to his jacket. Nova kneels down to the grounder and grabs the object.

"The horn" Nova says but before she knows it she feels a sharp pain in her side. "Nova!" Octavia screams as Nova falls back but Octavia catches her. Nova looks down and spots a sharp knife in her side and winces in pain.

"Ah.. Ah" Nova cries out before she passes out in Octavia's arms. Bellamy knocks the grounder out again and kneels down to Octavia and Nova. "Bellamy! We have to save her!" Octavia cries out and Bellamy sighs lifting Nova up in bridal style.

Bellamy starts carrying Nova out the cave with the group following behind.